Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Looking for a printer service  (Read 169 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Looking for a printer service
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:12:57 PM »

Now and then I need to print out something. The internet shop I used to use has closed. Anyone know a shop in KK with a printer, and possibly a scanner?

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a printer service
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »
Sounds like for what you are looking is a capability to take a memory stick or similar device to download and print documents.  Also, you want to be able to take documents to them for scanning and placing them on a memory stick.  You might be able to find a service at Tukcom on the computer/printer level. 

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »
Henry:If you live near Khon Kaen University, there's four or five in a row on Kanlapaphruek Road, a little west of the blinking light (for the road to the KKU Dentistry Center, which is about 350 meters from the Mittraphap Highway intersection. They would be on your left as you travel west. At least two can print from an electronic copy or scan paper to electronic. Good also for bulk copying.

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I dont know about memory sticks or other technical stuff. I'm looking for a place like I used to go, where I can use their computer and they can print out documents that I've received in an email.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »
Memory/flash/thumb drives (very small things) are the easiest. I use them to get my boarding passes printed in Bangkok.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »
It looks like you are looking for an Internet Cafe if you want to use their computers to access your emails and print off what documents you want.
As it appears that you already have a computer, why not open the documents on your computer and transfer them to a USB stick and then take that to the print shop
As for the scanning take your document and the USB stick to the print shop and have the document scanned onto the USB stick.
Where abouts are you located at?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »
It looks like you are looking for an Internet Cafe

Do they still have internet cafes?"

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
 I dont know about memory sticks or other technical stuff. I'm looking for a place like I used to go, where I can use their computer and they can print out documents that I've received in an email.

Henry, when you talk about using their computer to print out e-mails, I assume you mean that you are accessing gmail or Hotmail or something like that on their computer, right?

If you know how to save documents, a flash drive might still be a good option. It's not technical at all. You save the documents to the flash drive and take to to a print shop, the kind that students use to make xerox copies. Give them the flash drive, they print out copies.  The scan as well.  The shops are all over the place. A big one that we used to use to scan and make copies of books:

Rama Copy One
http://www.ramacopyone.com
Tel. 043-243777 , 043-244478
kasikorn thungsang road

As to flash drives (also called thumb drives, usb drives, memory sticks), they are cheap, easy to obtain and do not require a skill set to operate. Thye come in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors these days.  In fact, I am pretty sure you already know what we are talking about, but don't recognize the name. See photo attached.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=flash+drive&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719cw4rG7p

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »
Or even take a photo and take the SD card to a shop.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
Rex, I still call them Internet Cafes and there are several out in the area where I live. They are shops that have maybe 8 or 9 computers set up and the young ones go there and pay by the hour to use the computers on the internet and they can print off anything they want.
Henry, there is also a place on the north eastern corner of the old bus station that does photographing that also has the copier and scanner, printer set up

Charlie59

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »
Just a thought, maybe buy your own printer/scanner. You can get them fairly cheaply.