Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Have you used DeeMoney? Know anyone who has?  (Read 302 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Have you used DeeMoney? Know anyone who has?
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:19:44 PM »
Kowpot posted this on another thread.  I am giving it it's own space here because I would really like to hear from those who might know something about DeeMoney.  Tks, lah!

--

Send Money Out Of Thailand | Faster & Easier Than Moneygram?

https://www.dee.money.com/

Tel 02 821 5555

-DeeMoney is The Only Registered Service To Send Cash Out Of Thailand Via Your Phone.
-Never Visit A Branch Again,
-Better Rates Than All The Banks!
-Lowest Fees.
-IOS & Android. Fast Transfers.
-Services: Only 150 THB Fee, 17 Countries Supported,
-Best Exchange Rates.

- https://www.dee.money
-We Have 4 Locations Around Bangkok
-Contact Us To Find Out More
-About us => https://www.dee.money
-Find Out More About DeeMoney
-Licensed by the Bank of Thailand

--

Tks Kowpot.  Do you have first-hand experience with using these guys? Do you know anyone who has had first-hand experience? Anybody use them?

Unfortunately, you have to open an account by being physically present at one of their Bangkok offices. That is not the end of the world, of course, IF they do what they claim. They have not been in business very long, about a year, I think.

I have to find out if they do business with my U.S. bank. I was rushed when I spoke with them awhile ago and they had never heard of my bank.

This is obviously an ideal solution if they are reliable.

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Have you used DeeMoney? Know anyone who has?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
Rex, I do not have personal knowledge of the workings of DeeMoney.
But, I am going to open an account the next time I am in Bangkok just to have another form of money transfer in my back pocket.
Never know when I might have to send some money back across the pond the other way.
According to their website it is a one time deal to sign up.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
UPDATE DEE MONEY
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »
Wed 3 Jul 2019, 8:06 pm

UPDATE : Unfortunately, DeeMoney has stopped sending money from Thailand to countries outside of the region including US, UK, EU, New Zealand.  Australia may still be OK. They described the suspension as "temporary" but no indication of when it might be reinstated.  Rats!

I used DeeMoney several times and except for one transfer that took around 10 days, transactions went smoothly, and you can't beat the price of B160! 

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Have you used DeeMoney? Know anyone who has?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 09:27:46 AM »
Dee Money is controlled by the Bank of Thailand. I suspect, with no proof. Just my suspicion that the BOT is holding these funds on purpose. I think they are afraid there may be a run on the banks with Farangs sending their money out of the country.
  Like I said, Just my suspicion.  But, to me. It just doesn't make sense that only these countries are involved. Three major currencies involved also.
 Dee Money is using the excuse that they are looking for new IP's.  Not very believable considering the different geographical areas involved.
As an example. They can send to Australia, but not New Zealand? Gimme, a break.