Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Thai Immigration new requirements retirement, marriage extensions  (Read 5690 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
800K 3 months AFTER & 400K permanently may be a HOAX! ???
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 05:36:19 PM »
DISCLAIMER : Please treat this as rumor and third-hand information for now. However, keep your eyes and ears open for confirmation or denial that you might hear elsewhere.

A person I know told me they visited Imm yesterday and spoke to an officer for clarification about the 800K seasoning requirement for retirement extension. They told me they they were told directly and in no uncertain terms by the officer that for renewals, you need to have 800K on deposit in a Thailand bank for three months prior to the application. PERIOD. They said there was NO requirement for proof of funds to remain after, nor for 400k to remain permanently. They said that the business of finds remaining after the application was a HOAX [my word].

My information mostly comes from having spent a lot of time on ThaiVisa.com reading the discussions and posts about this. Admittedly, I never scrutinized the posts of official memos and news reports from Imm officials for authenticity. The various documents posted and reported seemed quite authentic.  However, my sources would seem to be authentic as well.

Just throwing this out there. If you any corroboration, please share.

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Thai Immigration new requirements retirement, marriage extensions
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »

Rex, I know what it is like with those on ThaiVisa but before you go any further I think that you should check this out. This is a link to Thai Immigration Bureau and this is the NEW regulations that you are talking about possibly being a hoax. It is the original written in Thai so you will have to get it translated but if you look at page 3 and look at item 4 in the right hand column it is saying about 2 months and 3 months before it says anything about 800,000 and then it mentions 3 months after the 800,000 and then it is saying something about 400,000.

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5c515d0a753d2c5d3589c929&fbclid=IwAR3ayW7yso7pKo8HmKosLBfCMvj_R61tkMVokDYuBr0hgkT3s34M8g3wKd8

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 07:11:59 AM »

Here is some interesting reading.  Found this on 'Expats in Khon Kaen' Facebook site.

http://bestthailandbooks.com/2019/02/immigration/?fbclid=IwAR3MGL4MBOrSWeUHkalwiMDbAbhsC9BN9jdbWYeYFtQ8-vn5QorVgEA6jMQ

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »

Rex, I know what it is like with those on ThaiVisa but before you go any further I think that you should check this out. This is a link to Thai Immigration Bureau and this is the NEW regulations that you are talking about possibly being a hoax. It is the original written in Thai so you will have to get it translated but if you look at page 3 and look at item 4 in the right hand column it is saying about 2 months and 3 months before it says anything about 800,000 and then it mentions 3 months after the 800,000 and then it is saying something about 400,000.

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5c515d0a753d2c5d3589c929&fbclid=IwAR3ayW7yso7pKo8HmKosLBfCMvj_R61tkMVokDYuBr0hgkT3s34M8g3wKd8

Russell, thanks for the link. I am not going "any further."  I am not going anywhere. I am just reporting what an I/O said which completely contradicts what we have heard so far. Take the information for whatever it is worth.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 08:34:31 AM »
I just showed the link to the person who had the conversation, and they said

" It's like you understand.  But sometimes they not do like the law. But! I will ask the [I/O] again when I . . . "

"It just gets curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 11:45:15 AM »

Won't have to wait much longer for the first farangs trying to get their extensions.  The 'new' rules are supposed to be effective 1 March.  Right now I guess it is just a wait and see.

I went to get my 90 day report completed Wednesday afternoon at 1PM.  There were only one or two farangs waiting to process whatever.  I walked up to Desk #1 and asked if the same rules apply here as they did at the old IMM Office about 90 Day Reports go to the 1st desk w/o a number.  He immediately did my process, in/out in about 2-3 minutes.

Maybe on the 1st someone from the Forum should go down and just sit in the peanut gallery and see what transpires.  AND of course, report back to all of us.  If I weren't playing golf on that Friday and then again on Monday, I might be curious enough to do that.