Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Extension went smoothly...  (Read 114 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Extension went smoothly...
« on: December 07, 2018, 11:29:40 AM »
Did my retirement extension yesterday.  Arrived at 8:27 am, got number 4. Walked out the door with extension in hand at 9:15. We had all the paperwork in order including--for the first time in 15 years--the TM30.  Everything was in order and all was pleasant.  The only reason it took 45 minutes was that the printer ran out of toner, and it took quite a bit of futzing around to install a new cartridge until the BIG BOSS came to the rescue and sorted it.

No discussion about any new procedures for documenting income.

TerryLH

• View Profile
Re: Extension went smoothly...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
"No discussion about any new procedures for documenting income."

Did you ask them about it?
Terry

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:41:58 PM »
No, I didn't.  I figure that probably everyone is asking them and that they are probably tired of the question.  The answer will emerge in due course over the next several weeks,  but I reckon it will be a process of getting the entire story straight rather than one final announcement that makes everything crystal clear.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
Did you notice the "No Tips" signs on each desk?

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:38:51 PM »
Did they want to see the TM30 ?

Sunset from my bedroom window

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
They didn't ask for the TM30, but were quite attentive to it.  It was a little bit complicated.  Fon was with me and took care of the TM30 for me.  My landlord lives out of town, and in order to spare him the chore of going to Imm, Fon had to obtain power of attorney in order to file on his behalf. Not as big a deal as it sounds, but still one more chore on top of a chore that makes no sense and accomplishes nothing.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
Thanks, I have to renew in about 6 weeks and don't intend to do a TM30.

Sunset from my bedroom window

martin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
I returned from a week's trip to UK in June and got a TM30 at the local police station within 24 hours.

A few days later, my wife got a call from her friend, a senior officer at KK Immi., to remind me that I should get a TM30. She was told I'd already got one so she asked us to call into the office next time in KK.

We did that 2 weeks later and the 'police station' TM30 was replaced by a 'KK Immi.' TM30 dated that day, not the date of my re-entry. I kept the old paper, though. No cash was involved; Jin's friend was just helping us avoid trouble, IMO.

Some people have never done a TM30, some have done one and never been asked for it then there's me (maybe others?) who gets a reminder that a TM30 is required. It just confirms to me that, on this matter, Immigration don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
Tks for this Martin.  Important information although it probably raises more questions than it answers.

One question.  How did the Imm officer know to remind you about the TM30?  Because she and your wife talk and she knew you had been out of the country?

martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 09:23:01 AM »
Tks for this Martin.  Important information although it probably raises more questions than it answers.

One question.  How did the Imm officer know to remind you about the TM30?  Because she and your wife talk and she knew you had been out of the country?

Yes, they talk very often but the IO was also the one that issued my Re-entry permit (in fact, she does most of our paperwork at immi.) - presumably she 'kept an eye on things' in an effort to help us avoid the possibility of trouble, as I said. I'm VERY happy for her to do that :) :) .

But her actions do seem to imply that, even though the approach to TM30 is very inconsistent, it's still a potential problem even if it hasn't surfaced for some yet.