Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Australkian Embassy joins the UK and the USA withdrawal of income letter  (Read 689 times)

stevve

• View Profile
Re: Australkian Embassy joins the UK and the USA withdrawal of income letter
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »
sorry about that. I changed the browser I was using and was checking if clean talk would let me post.
well on topic. the Australian stat dec is only legal when used under Australian law and using it for Thai immigration is not being used under Australian law. so as I understand it if a person made a false statement it is not illegal like if the stat dec was used in Australia . I always wondered why Thai immigration was happy with the stat dec being used. well unless there is a change a cash deposit in a Thai bank is the only legal way to go.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
The market already exists, of course, but certainly there will be a huge boom in business for agents who provide a workaround for those who cannot demonstrate the income requirements.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of confirming that the person does in fact have the income? I mean, the whole issue was because the embassy could not confirm anything. Now for 3 months a year the person happens to have 800K baht. The next day after receiving their extension miraculously disappeared.
 I'm all for to each his own, but really. What then, was this exercise all about?

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »
One other thing that the deputy inspector told me was regarding the bank deposit method. They are trying to clamp down on the unscrupulous agents and if they see a lump sum deposit 2 or 3 months before your extension expires, it will be looked at more closely. They will want you to prove that the funds are actually your income. Again nothing has of yet been finalized as to how they are going to do things.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »
<snip>
 I'm all for to each his own, but really. What then, was this exercise all about?

Exactly!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 07:23:46 PM »
One other thing that the deputy inspector told me was regarding the bank deposit method. They are trying to clamp down on the unscrupulous agents and if they see a lump sum deposit 2 or 3 months before your extension expires, it will be looked at more closely. They will want you to prove that the funds are actually your income. Again nothing has of yet been finalized as to how they are going to do things.

The existing policy--as I have always understood it--is that the funds have to age for a minimum of 3 months. So, if those are the rules that people have been following, so then how would a lump sum deposit 3 months prior to extension expiry be improper or suspicious?  Requiring that the money be on deposit continuously would change the concept of the 800K being funds you are supposed to live on.

Of course, if Imm wants to get into the business of verifying the income (as some countries do), they are entering into an entirely new level of sophistication in terms of deciding what types of documents are required and valid.  Will they need to be certified or notarized in some way?  Translated into Thai by a bonded translator?  They could very easily turn something involving a 30 minute annual interview into a bureaucratic mess where it would take weeks to complete an extension.

I was just looking at Costa Rica, and their retirement requirement is $1,000 for a proven, permanent external income source such as social security, and you remain in the country on temporary status while the process the paperwork.  I didn't look at how complicated the renewal process is. 

I'll be a lot more people will be visiting those types of websites in the months ahead.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »
Sorry Stevve, but when you go to the Australian Embassy and get a Statutory Declaration witnessed you are actually in Australia and that Statutory Declaration is signed and witnessed on Australian territory. You can seek refuge in the Australian embassy and Thailand cannot enter the embassy and remove you because it is legally part of Australia. This is why America has not been able to arrest Assange over the wikileaks because every embassy all over the world is a territory of their own country and come under their own countries laws.