Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: cctv  (Read 381 times)

Henry

• View Profile
cctv
« on: October 14, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »

Where can I buy a cctv system for home security, in KK ?

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: cctv
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »
I believe they sell them here.

ตึกคอม ขอนแก่น - Tukcom Khonkaen

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
Henry, like kowpot said in Tukcom, I have seen them in the store which is located on the lower level just outside Tops plus they would also be available on the other levels. Plus you could try the store on the right as you enter Baan and Beyond in the front of Big C, plus there is a store that sells all electrical equipement in Na Mueang Road between 7/11 and Fairy Plaza. Good luck
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:34:00 PM by russell17au »

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 05:35:44 PM »
Henry, we purchased ours from Pixels.  They have a sales office here in Khon Kaen.  It is on the bypass (ring road) just north of the Lao Nadi intersection.  We have 4 camera and a 2 terabyte recording system.  You can access the system from anywhere if you have wireless in your house.  The cameras are 2 megapixels, daylight and nighttime (infrared).   The system we bought can expand to 8 cameras.  They recently announced a 3 megapixel system now at about the same price we paid for the 2 megapixel system..  Also, great installers.  We swear by it.

Trainspotter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
Henry:

Minics installed our CCTV, as well as burglar alarm and smoke detectors.  They are a very well established business in Khonkaen, and they have a five-star rating on the internet.  We purchased everything eight years ago, and they have provided an annual service ever since. 

http://www.minics.co.th/

Cheers, TS

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 01:39:15 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I'm just learning about cctv. I think like most stuff, it seems complicated at first, but doesn't take long to figure it out.

We live in a small village and never had any problems, but lately there have been some burglaries and vandalism in this area. Better to get the cctv now rather than wait till after we get robbed.

I have several weapons stashed around the property and have discussed with the wife what to do in case of a home invasion, but although I've always been able to take care of myself, at my age, I'm not really that confident in myself. Twenty two years in the same house and never a problem. I'm not worried in the least, but better to be prepared.

I think what I want is a system with infrared cameras that are not recording 24 hrs., but turn on by motion detectors. One camera in the front, one in the back.

Sounds like it's not a DIY project?   Also, how much can I expect to pay for a decent system?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »

Ours runs 24 hours a day, you never know what is in store for your house when you are not there, even for an hour or two, daytime or nighttime.  The system is automatic and stores for at least several weeks worth of information, and automatically continues to record over the old information.  You can download anything you need to your smart phone or your computer by going online and accessing the system.  If you want to play back on your PC or your smart phone, simple as pie.

If you try to do the motion detector approach, everything and anything can set if off and begin the recording including a bird flying through the field of view.

You should be able to get a 2megapixel camera (4)  and 2TB recording capability system for around 20,000 baht installed with at least a 1 year warranty.  We had one camera go out for the infrared.  The company came took it and returned it fixed, no charge.

It was so easy for their technicians to install where I am not sure I could have done the whole job myself even though I am a graduate Engineering Physicist!  They know all the items and implementations that are needed!

If you need Pixels phone number. PM me, Henry.