Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York  (Read 5560 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »
Rex, on taking longer with the manual intervention on TransferWise transfers, here is what I wrote in this thread earlier,

At 2100 hours, on the 5th of August, I initiated a transfer request.  As I had stated before as soon as I requested, I contacted TransferWise to make sure they would do the transfer by their manual means, really did not care if it took 2 or 3 or 4 days longer.Well, here it is, I received notification from BBL that xx.xx bahts were deposited into my account from abroad.  Time, 14:03 on the 7th of August (1 day and 17 hours later.)   Less than 2 days.  What a relief!  Hope it'll be the same on the next transfers too.

That is the same amount of time as when I was doing transfers prior to the issue of transfers coming through as domestic transfers.

But be what it may,  not sure why one doesn't do a transfer request on the 1st of the month so it arrives  within a few days and then, if you want to do another, why not do it in the middle of the month like around the 15th?  So if the 2nd transfer take 7 days, it'll still get to your Thai bank by the 22nd!!

Seems like a simple strategy, do one on the 1st and a 2nd on the 15th!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
Just some bits & bobs:

One guy on ThaiVisa sez 

"Also i do not spend all 12 months a year in Thailand and having to send money when your not there is insane."

http://bit.ly/2YPBWXh

Never thought of that.  Could you imagine being only part of the year but still having to import funds?