Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York  (Read 7124 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2019, 06:59:31 AM »
Savannah's report is different that other others I have read where the timing of the deposit(s) was not an issue as long as the total was at least 800,000. 

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »
Thu 8 Aug 2019, 8:17 am

Just as a point of logic (which obviously doesn't matter),  retirement age can be as young as 50, a decade or more before someone will receive government retirement benefits such as Social Security.  Possible-but-unlikely that someone that age is receiving a regular pension check from having worked at a company. So, obviously, imported money is going to come from savings, investments, businesses or other offshore income.

The income affidavit we used to get from the U.S. Embassy says:

"I also affirm that I receive a monthly income of  $_____________ from sources in the United States . . ."

That wording was acceptable to Imm for decades with no mention of "pensions" or any specific sources. Note also the word sources, plural, suggesting that the money need not be from any one source, or any particular type of source, or at any particular time of the month.

It is worth noting, but again, probably too logical.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »
Afraid this was in Khon Kaen two days ago. Total for the year was over a million. I return to Thailand on the 22nd and need an extension prior to Sept 4.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
I guess I am missing something. If friend's financials were deemed not to qualify for a retirement extension, what is the point of applying for a new extension?  Do you know how many prior extensions your friend has had?

I sent you a PM, Savannah.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
Rex, need to read the thread comment from Savannah's again.  Didn't say anything about a problem with his extension OTHER THAN the guy was using the 65,000 or more baht per month as the justification of yearly income, not 800,000 baht.  If you miss one month, that month is zero, need to follow the 'rules.'  You cannot double another month and expect them to accept something not by the book.

So their suggestion was logical.  Go out of the country and start the process again with a non-imm visa, either 'O' or 'O-A', or you can do it with a 90-day tourist visa.

Continue the deposits into your account of greater than 65,000 baht each month from an international source.  After 60 days, apply for a retirement extension.  Sounds like they would accept that process.  And now you are back 'in business.'

But at the end, you have to wonder how many of the I/O's shared in the xx,xxx tea money!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2019, 03:17:24 PM »
Frank, you might be right.   But not necessarily so. I have heard other stories where the I/O interpreted the policy as deposits totaling B800K annually regardless of monthly.  That is what I am trying to sort out, although since I live in KKC, it probably would not matter to me one way or the other.

Other than putting it down to stupidity or corruption, it is a little hard for me to wrap my head around why anyone would care if the deposits   were two deposits one month and zero the next. Moreover, it seems stupidly insensitive to the obvious fact that in the case of the OP, one deposit arrived a few days early due to no fault of the greasy, slimy falang! You are going to disrupt any entire life situation for THAT?  Geezus!

Sorry, I still don't understand the point of applying for a new extension???  If his old financials did not qualify for him for an extension in the first place, how can he get approved for a new extension?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2019, 06:28:51 PM »
This is what I thoght they were suggesting to Savannah's friend:

90-Day Non-Immigrant Visa

The 90-day Thai Visa is a single-entry visa that allows the holder to enter and stay in Thailand for 90 days. It is intended to be issued to those who wish to be involved in performing official duties or religious activities, conduct business, work, and study, visit the family and other activities in Thailand, initially for the period of 90 days and then converted to a longer term of visa.

[/size][/color]

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »
Franks got it right. He could eventually start the application for a retirement visa all over again once his monthly deposits made immigration happy. He could never get an extension on the retirement visa he had. He was in a jam because he only had one day left before his extension would expire and he would become an over stayer. I did not witness any of this but my friend told me that one or two higher ups were asked by the I/O what to do.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2019, 08:55:55 PM »
I got that, Frank.  That's similar to  what I did originally 15 years ago (OMG!), converted my one-year non-imm "B" to a retirement extension.  What I don't understand (or have forgotten) if he was on a 90 day visa and applied for new extension, what financials will he have to show them?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2019, 09:55:42 PM »
I just checked on the Thai Embassy - Vientiane website.  I was wrong, the applicant for a 90-Day Non-immigrant visa needs to show the equivalent of 800,000 baht.

But here is the other option that can be changed to a retirement extension with a little more effort like changing the a non-immigrant visa first.  It states the following:

But we are just guessing at this point and it is mute since with some tea money, he got his extension.

TOURIST VISA
TYPES OF TOURIST VISA AND VALIDITY:

1.            Single-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum.
2.            Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for entering Thailand within 6 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum per stay. The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Lao nationals or those with proof of permanent residence in Laos.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:

1.            A completed and signed Visa Application Form
2.            2 passport-sized photos taken within 6 months
3.            A Passport or travel documents (valid for no less than 6 months)
4.            A copy of passport or travel documents
5.            Evidence of adequate finance
             Single-Entry Tourist Visa: 20,000 baht per person and 40,000 baht per family
             Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: 200,000 baht per person (6 months of financial statements)
6.            Proof of permanent residence (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
7.            Other documents: as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.

** The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to deny any visa applications with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable. **

VISA FEE (Cash only in Thai baht)
1.            Single-Entry Tourist Visa: 1,000 baht
2.            Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: 5,000 baht

PROCESSING TIME
2 working days (i.e. apply on Monday morning and pick up on Tuesday afternoon)

PERIOD OF STAY
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 60 days.

EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their types of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, www.immigration.go.th. Extension of stay as well as change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of Immigration officers.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Royal Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
What I am trying to figure out, Frank, was the suggestion to go to Lao to get a 90 Day Non-imm Visa (later to be converted to a retirement extension) just a lot of BS diversion or was there actually some functional point to it?

I still feel like I am missing something.  To be clear, what I am asking, say the guy gets his 90 Day Non-Imm visa.  At a point he goes to Imm and applies for an extension based on retirement.  How does he qualify financially if his original financials were unacceptable?  What are they going to ask him for that is different than what they asked him for?

Terry?[/size]

Savannah said "He could eventually start the application for a retirement visa all over again once his monthly deposits made immigration happy."

What is "eventually?"  What is "happy"? Twelve consecutive months of deposits? Starting from what date?   

It wasn't 1000% clear.  I assume the guy did not go to Lao and too the other option offered?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:34:08 AM by Rex (Admin) »

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2019, 01:11:26 PM »
There is a major difference between renewing a permission to stay and the original p.t.s. from a new visa (conversion).

When you convert to a retirement extension from another type visa or visa exempt the 800 k only needs to be in the bank the day you convert.  The income method should only need a month or two of deposits.
Terry

A while back someone asked about a hotel near Srinagarind Hospital.  I can't find that post.
The U Inn is a nice looking hotel across the street from the hospital.  Easy to see as it's much taller that other structures there.  You can cross the highway via the flyover/walkway right in front of the hospital.
T

Reuben

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
Im afraid Ill have the same problem.  In October last year I received a transfer on the 1st and 31st, but nothing in November.  I was set up for automatic transfer with my bank back in the US for transfer on the last working day of the month.  Made it here on the same date for some reason.  I will know for sure Thursday when I go on for my extension.  Will let yall know how it goes. Ive been here for 20 years so really hope that I am not sent out of the country.  Worried.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »
Thanks for that Ruben. Good luck with the extension.  Please do report back here what happened. It is very important and much appreciated.

I use TransferWise to import money and cannot predict precisely how long the transfers will take, particularly now with the requests to manually route the money to BBL which seems to take longer, but not able to predict how much longer in each case.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »
Happy to report my Aug 9 TransferWise money landed in Bangkok Bank as an International Transfer.