Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York  (Read 253 times)

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Change to Deposit Procedure to Bangkok Bank New York
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 07:10:50 AM »
Makes me wonder why a Swift transfer
doesn't need to meet any of these qualifications.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »
Not an ACH transfer.  The bank gets more information with Swift already.

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 10:16:16 AM »

After hearing the ach transfers to BB were coming to and end, I started looking around for another way to transfer. I trust my bank and decided to use them and do a swift transfer. My bank doesn't charge a fee and I couldn't see what BB charges were, but the deposit figured out to 32.57 bt to the dollar. I think that is as good as the ach transfers, good enough for me anyway.

Also, the transfer only took 1 day.

I only transfer once or twice a year, so even if my bank charged for the transfers, it wouldn't be bad deal.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 10:29:35 AM »
I logged on to my Bangkok Bank account and looked at recent transactions. Money received from my Bank America account via Bangkok Bank in New York are listed as International Transfer. Clicking on the most current transfer and it is described as a FEDI B2B transaction. Does anyone have an international transfer described as IAT ACH or anything else different than FEDI B2B?

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »
My last SSA transaction is listed as FEDIB2B.My last personal transfer from my US Bank (USAA) is also listed as FEDIB2B. (This goes to Bangkok Bank New York.)
I don't think that these details from the website can ID a transfer as IAT or PPD. I need to be at the Sri Chan Rd. BBL bank in the next two weeks, so I'll see if anyone there can tell me if the SSA deposit is IAT.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »

On my US Bank side of the transfer, my statement says only "ACH Transfer" for all transfers whether to Bangkok Bank, My Ameriprise Bank, from my checking acct to my savings account at PNC.  On the Bangkok Bank side, yes, it says "International Transfer" and the gobble-d-gook that you all stated.  So it seems all domestic bank initiated transfers are domestic ACH transfers while the New York Branch of BBL deposited it into your account as an International Transfer, which it is.

We have to go to the initiator side of transfers to see if they can transfer funds by IAT (or International ACH Transfer) forma, which is our domestic banks in the US.