Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: new head of immigration  (Read 874 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: new head of immigration
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 06:47:38 AM »

We all know that most Thais do not (or is it will not) follow many of the laws and regulations in Thailand, especially those traffic laws.

I for one am enjoying watching Big Joke do his thing getting all these illegals arrested, black listed, and kicked out of the country.  I expect the majority of us up here in the hinterland of Khon Kaen DO follow all the laws and regulations on being able to stay legally in the country.  So, as long as it lasts, I for one will sit back and enjoy reading about the exploits of Big Joke.  It sure will be interesting when we have to go to IMM and see the signs "NO TIPS".  I wonder if they will still accept a dozen donuts (something that I have never done?)

nookiebear

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 07:17:46 AM »
Cash was King when I first came to Thailand in 1982 and nothing has altered apart from Corruption is a lot more evident now than ever before.

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
This is scary. In the 18 years that I have lived in LoS I have never heard of this happening before.

From ThaiVisa

Police are checking whether immigration laws have been broken after complaints were made about a temple's pre-dawn bell ringing near a condominium at Wat Sai in Bangkok's Rama III area. Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn, acting Immigration Bureau chief, said on Friday that officers would check if the owner of the condominium unit, from where the noise complaint was made, had informed the Immigration Bureau about a foreigner now staying there.

Officers would also check whether the foreign tenant had notified the Immigration Bureau of their correct address. If not, the foreign tenant could face a visa revocation and deportation, Surachate added.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1060648-temple-bell-ringing-complaint-leads-to-immigration-probe/?utm_source=newsletter-20181006-0737&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:36:14 PM by Surfer »

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
Why would someone need to file a TM28?
That is for a change of address. Of course, if you move a TM28 is required.
 Staying in another province for over 24 hours requires a TM 30.
 I have never done that ever. I don't intend to start now. I don't register in hotels, I just have my wife do it. I live 8 km from Kalasin and stay there on occasion. Not about to drive 36km to immigration because I stayed 8km from my home.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
An attempt to pay with a brown envelope at Khon Kaen Immigration yesterday was met by a warning to the falang and a rejection of his application, so the way I read that is that everything is by the book including TM30's and any other forms that many do not fill in and submit. There has already been some falangs in condos around Bangkok in trouble for not filling in the right paper work plus some Thai condo owners for not filling in and submitting TM30's

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »
You were there and saw this happen?

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 01:35:45 PM »
I was with the falang 30 minutes after he left immigration yesterday morning

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
Stayed last night in Ubon. The hotel clerk didn't want anything from me, not even my ID.  She told my wife that the room was in her name, so no need for me to show anything. I'd rather not name the hotel but it is a well known chain.
 As far as anyone knows, I never left home.
Got to admit, I haven't been to Ubon for about 10 years. Thought about living there way back when. Glad I never made the move. it is way too congested with traffic. It has lost that small town appeal. First went there in 1972 and loved the place. Not the same anymore.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:46:14 PM by kowpot »

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 11:56:26 AM »
I went to the Bangkok Bank on Monday to give them a change of address. I could have told them anything, they didn't want any verification.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 03:04:24 PM »

I think most of us understand that Big Joke is serious about illegal entries, overstays, working without work permits, home owners not notifying IMM about foreigners staying in their homes., etc.  Hereis a Nation Article presented by ThaiVisa about what is happening in the NE.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1061915-97-foreigners-held-in-visa-crackdown/?utm_source=newsletter-20181012-0606&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news