Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Best Credit Card  (Read 307 times)

Kajornsak

• View Profile
Best Credit Card
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:00:20 AM »
What's the best bank in KK to get a CC?

I've worked here for over two decades and get over 1 million baht a year salary.

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: Best Credit Card
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 05:48:45 AM »
I am pretty happy with our Kasikorn CC.  Go in and talk to them, many options.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »

My wife has a multitude of cards from several banks.  They all are pretty good, no issues, KTB, SCB, and BBL.  There is too much of a hassle for a farang to get a real credit card and not a debit card here in Thailand.  So for me, I use one of hers.  If I am charging on Agoda or Booking for hotel rooms, I use my Black Cards from the US, Chase Bank.  On them I can charge in either USD or Thai Bahts, no additional charge.

The one that is of most interest is Bangkok Bank with a 2nd card from them for Thai Airasia.  I am not sure if that special is still out there.  We only use the Thai Airasia Credit Card when boarding one of the Thai Airasia flights.  It gets us in the premium line without having to buy premium seats!

With Bangkok Bank, you have to charge at least 5,000 baht a year, which is not very much.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:24:15 AM »

Can someone remind me again if I HAVE TO update my Bangkok Bank ATM card.
It has a bird hologram and is called Be1st.
I got it in the 90s but does all I want it to, ie withdraw cash.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:20:46 AM »
I heard that the Bangkok Bank is going to release a new Mastercard Debit Card next year but there is a lot of scepticism about this. Many say it is just a delaying tactic by the bank to try and stem the amount of customers leaving the bank and going to other banks and that by then there will be more places accepting the UnionPay cards and that the Mastercard will not be released. It appears that no one knows anything about what is happening inside the Bangkok Bank because the staff are told to tell the customers certain things which is directed from the banks management. At the moment screamer just keep using your current card until the expiry date on it or that you are officially told by the ATM machine that "this card is no longer accepted and to visit you branch office".

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »

Thanks for that.
I'll just hang on with what I've got.