Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Car Insurance  (Read 294 times)

Windy

• View Profile
Car Insurance
« on: September 20, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
I need to get some insurance on my car and did a google search which brought up RooJai Insurance.
Their website lets you do an online quote and the cost was very good compared to other online quotes with similar benefits.
They are partners with KrungThai Panich Insurance/Krung Thai bank according to the website.
Has anyone used them or heard anything (good or bad) about them?

Thanks

Sunset from my bedroom window

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Car Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »
Hi Windy, I just tried to get a quote from Roojai for my truck. I filled in the information on their form and it came back an error, but cannot access to find out what the error we restrict this type of vehicle to older drivers (#107) is
An error occurred:
  • Sorry. To keep premiums low for all our customers
  • we restrict this type of vehicle to older drivers (#107).

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »
I had no problems with the online quote. Less than 8,000 baht for 1st class insurance liability 660,000 baht for a 6 years old Isuzu Mu7  :)

Maybe you are just too young for them  ;)

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:43:15 AM »

Every year about a month before our car insurance policies have to be renewed my wife goes on a search of other Insurance Companies and their policies.  We have a 6 year old Pajero and a 6 year old March.

We now currently have a policy from DHIPAYA INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LTD.  It is tied to the Thai government in some way.  For the Pajero we have 1st class with own damage of 740,000 baht, 3rd party coverage of 1,000,000/10,000,000 baht, and Property Damage of 2,500,000 baht.  We did get the discount for having a camera in the SUV.

They don't publicly advertise, found them through Facebook (Thai language search).  Contacted them and they responded by direct phone.  Sent an adjustor out to check the SUV for any damage (needed to get fixed before they would issue a policy.)  They then issued the policy.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 01:44:42 PM »
Thanks Frank,

How much was the insurance for your Pajero, this is close to my Mu7.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
The policy has 2 names as insured drivers, my wife and myself.  There are no mileage restrictions.  All inclusive including stamp duty and VAT, 10,300. 

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »
Thanks Frank  :)