Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: FedEx  (Read 255 times)

Savannah20

• View Profile
FedEx
« on: September 18, 2018, 07:45:50 AM »
Can anyone detail where the FedEx office/station is in Khon Kaen? I want to see their rate to send something to Manila.

Thanks

Dave G

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: FedEx
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:00:37 AM »

Dave,

I went on the FedEx website and tried to see if I could get the location of the office in Khon Kaen.  It said there was no office in Khon Kaen.  Did you try DHL?

I might be wrong.

Call FedEx in Bangkok to see if there is an office in Khon Kaen.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
FedEx uses agents upcountry.  I don't know if the Khon Kaen agent for FedEx is still TNT on the other side of the parking lot from TESCO.  They change agents from time-to-time. 

The call center => 1782 will tell you who the current agent is. They will also give you the rate over the phone if you have the weight and dimensions.  If it is longer than 36 inches and/or over some particular weight, custom charges apply, and they ain't cheap.

Also, if you are sending something valuable, keep in mind that FedEx, DHL, et al are BRUTAL about charging duty and a lot of other inscrutable little  service charges which add up. EMS has always been much more reasonable in our experience, often not charging duty or only some minimal amount. The service is nearly as good and reliable as FedEx and much cheaper.  Go to the P.O. and they will give you the rate for your item.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
I called FedEx in Bangkok and verified there use to be a FedEx office in Khon Kaen but it has shut down. They do use TNT as their agent. What I learned today about sending a small passport size package to Manila is:
I can call the FedEx 1782 number and they will arrange for a TNT agent to come to my house to collect the package, take it to FedEx and off it goes to Manila for about 2,000 baht. I forgot to ask how long it would take to get delivered but I will guess 4 days based on DHL.
I can go to the DHL office which is just after the Hugz mall, where Subway is, and they will get it delivered to Manila in 4 days for about 1,800 baht.
I can go to Thai Post Office and use their EMS service which gets the package to Manila in 7 days for about 800 baht.
I like having options.
Dave G

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:20:53 PM »
There is also the DHL depot on Maliwan Road. It is located on the left hand side of the road heading towards the airport, if you live out that way.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
Hello Russell, I went there first and was not even allowed in. Security at that DHL told me to go to the DHL office across the street from TukCom which is what I did. Across from TukCom just above Hugz.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
I gave the documents to DHL yesterday around 10 in the morning. I was told it would take 4 days. It actually only took just over one day. Someone at the embassy in Manila signed for the documents at 2:30 today.

I imagine that really uses up all my good fortune for the remainder of this year.

Dave G