Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Bangkok to Los Angeles Flights  (Read 691 times)

Savannah20

• View Profile
Bangkok to Los Angeles Flights
« on: September 03, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »
China Eastern has plenty of round trip flights for $630 that are good connections through Shanghai. I think the price is the same round trip Bangkok to San Francisco. I don't remember flying China Eastern previously but bought my ticket anyway.

DG

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Bangkok to Los Angeles Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
I recommend you read the reviews on this airline before buying a ticket.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 05:36:41 PM »
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Airline_Review-d8729050-Reviews-China-Eastern-Airlines

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »

I would have no problem flying with them.  I read some of the negative comments on Trip Advisor, especially Barry T.  He is NO FREQUENT Business Flyer.  I doubt if any other airline would do the same as he had thought China Eastern would have to do for him.  WRONG!  I have flown for over50 years, mostly for business and his complaints are just that complaints.

The only one that he mentions was the change in connection time, I have had that with United Airlines before.  If he is flying business, they have a good business lounge so you sit and wait.

And I don't blame the airline where they refused to give him limo service and a hotel when we was going from China Eastern to another airline.  He should have gone to the Code Share airline with his complaint about needing the service since it was that airline's ongoing flight to the final destination.

Whoever is going to fly from Thailand to the US, I have found United with its code share partner ANA to be the most reasonable connecting flights there are.  AND SF and LA are both major United hubs.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »

Notwithstanding your comments, United Airlines have a terrible reputation, often coming bottom of reviews.

I would rather have a longer connecting time than too short. I carry a load of movies on my laptop and good headphones.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 11:06:36 AM »
Everyone has the preferences when it comes to airlines.  I am a Lifetime Gold Member with United and so is my wife.  Whenever we fly, we get Economy Plus at no additional cost.  When on international flight we get to use their lounges as well as the lounges of their Code Share airlines.  Every little bit helps.  If you work your schedule around their discounts, I have yet to find some other airline offering a lower fare.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 12:45:06 PM »

Quite often low fares are low for a reason...

KLM business is very good value for money and an excellent airline.
China Airlines was also very good but thy dropped my route.
Both as cheap as you can get.