Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: 3BB plastic payment card  (Read 190 times)

LungBing

• View Profile
3BB plastic payment card
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
A couple of months ago we received a card  from 3BB that could be used to pay  our monthly internet bill.  It worked no problem, so last month and this month I paid the bill on the 11th, as stated on the card.But this month, 10 days after paying, we received a bill, as we used to. We happened to be going to Central yesterday so we popped into their office there and asked what did they want us to do, pay on the 11th with the card, or wait for the bill.  Wait for the bill they said. 
So what was the point of sending out all those cards?

Shipm8te

• View Profile
Re: 3BB plastic payment card
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:52:40 AM »
I have one of those cards and I pay online using i-banking.  No paper statement received in the mail.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
A couple of months ago we received a card  from 3BB that could be used to pay  our monthly internet bill.  It worked no problem, so last month and this month I paid the bill on the 11th, as stated on the card.But this month, 10 days after paying, we received a bill, as we used to. We happened to be going to Central yesterday so we popped into their office there and asked what did they want us to do, pay on the 11th with the card, or wait for the bill.  Wait for the bill they said. 
So what was the point of sending out all those cards?

I am not familiar with the plastic card you are describing. However, I sometimes run into difficulty getting a reliable answer to questions along the lines of  "What should I do?",  or "What is the policy?"  Sometimes they don't know and will just say anything to avoid losing face. Sometimes they will try to be accommodating and "read between the lines" of my question and tell me what they think I want to hear. Sometimes they answer with "can" as "You can wait for the bill."  Maybe in their mind, "can" is a non-pushy way of expressing "should," but it never leaves me feeling secure that I am clear on what the policy is.

My main mobile number is a pre-paid SIM that I got 15 years ago. In the beginning,  I used to load it by buying those cards from 7-11 that gave you an activation code. No bills involved.  But as soon as I got squared away with online banking at Kasikorn, I have loaded it online every time.  However, be careful.  I did have an emergency SIM card with a substantial balance that I never used.  Occasionally, I would skip a month assumingly (stupidly!) that AIS would just use my balance to keep the card active!  Wrong! Your balance and keeping the card active are separate things.  Apparently, they had deactivated my number and I have been paying money into an account that didn't exist for several months before I found out! They were pretty clear about the policy when i tried to get some relief.  No way, Clarence!

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
I use an AIS pre-paid and know now if I want to add 100 baht to it I do it at a machine 20 baht at a time as each 20 baht payment adds a month after the first expiry date.