Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Hydroponic supplies  (Read 102 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
Hydroponic supplies
« on: August 06, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
Today the wife and I went for a drive up the highway towards Udon Thani to get some nutrients for the hydroponics. There used to be a place on the right hand side heading north that used to make hydroponic systems and from memory it was not far out of Khon Kaen but we drove as far as Non Sa-at but could not find the place. Does anybody remember the place and does anybody know where there is a hydroponics supplies in or around the Khon Kaen area.Thanks for any help

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Hydroponic supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »
What are you guys hydropnisizing, Russell, "wacky tobacky"?  roll

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:41:27 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you Rex but I am not an American I'm an Australian and I only grow the good stuff

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »
Seriously, what are you guys growing?  How did you choose hydroponics over "dirt farming"?

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »
because of a restriction in space it is easier to grow lettuce, chilli's, basil, cellery, etc using hydroponics instead of traditional gardening and that leaves more room for the larger things  like papaya and things like that to grow. In an area 20' long, 2' wide and 7' high on a concrete base I can grow more vegetables and herbs than a 20' by 2' dirt garden.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
plus you don't use any of the commercial pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers as everything is fed by natural nutrients and not chemicals also by not growing them in the soil the roots are not working hard to search for the nutrients in the ground and therefore the actual plant grows quicker because all the energy goes into the growth and not into the searching for the food.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »
Wow! Interesting!