Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Is Isaan food unhealthy?  (Read 210 times)

Tonytj

• View Profile
Is Isaan food unhealthy?
« on: July 27, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »
Like Black people from the southern states of USA, Isaan people like to deep fry everything which we all know causes cancer.  I notice Isaan people donít like to eat much veggies except for som tum. Some Issan still like to eat raw fish which causes liver cancer. 

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Is Isaan food unhealthy?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
The hidden killer is that almost every kind of food is loaded with sugar.  If you eat a lot of sugar, you probably can't tell. But if you don't, everything tastes sweet whether it is processed or prepared in a restaurant. Most mayonnaise to me tastes like vanilla pudding and vinegar. Watch them cooking, and the often throw a handful of sugar into the pot, just for the hell of it, I guess. Aside from the hidden sugar, is all the Coca Cola and other sweet, fizzy drinks, ice cream and all the rest of it.   Between sugar, white flour, white rice and sweets, Thais are developing the same "metabolic syndrome" leading ultimately to diabetes as us fat falang!  It's too bad, and makes it an effort to try to eat a little bit healthy here. Lots of people are saying that soon, "Big Sugar" will be regarded in the same way we now regard "Big Tobacco."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:08:56 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Tonytj

• View Profile
Thai FATTIES
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »
So true, Thais put sugar into everything. The young Thais are very fat these days. I see these school children with huge waistlines and thunder thighs.   They eat all that fried crap and top it off with fattening sugary milk tea drinks. Thais seriously lack nutritional education.