Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Pizza & Bake  (Read 321 times)

Tonytj

• View Profile
Pizza & Bake
« on: July 24, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
Not very authentic Italian food but the Vietnamese food was decent.

avvocato

• View Profile
Re: Pizza & Bake
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
I agree.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
Yeah, and overly expensive for what you get.  In the US, we would call the place "just another yuppie hangout"!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »
They still have "yuppies"? 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »

Rex, when was the last time you were in the US?  Maybe the derogatory comments about Yuppies went by the wayside, but they are still here!  Here's what "Investopedia" says about Yuppies.

Yuppie is a slang term denoting the
[/size][/color][/size][/color]
of young urban professionals. A yuppie is often characterized by youth, affluence and business success. They are often preppy in appearance and like to show off their success by their style and possessions.
[/size][/color]

Coined in the 1980s, the term yuppie was used as a derogatory title for young business people who were considered arrogant, undeservedly wealthy and obnoxious. Yuppies were often associated with wearing high fashion clothing, driving BMWs and gloating about their successes. The term has become less of a stereotype and now promotes the image of an affluent professional.
Yuppies tend to be educated with high-paying jobs, and they live in or near large cities. Some typical industries associated with yuppies include finance, tech, academia, and many areas in the arts, especially those associated with liberal thinking and style.
PS.  My daughter the doctor is one of them (since the 80's!)  AND I think she has influenced my son the doctor to be one too!

[/size][/color]

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »
There term is dated is all I meant.

"The term “yuppie” now feels so dated that it occasionally seems an entire social class has vanished. If the suit-wearing Patrick Batemans of the 1980s no longer embody affluence, what has come to replace them? ...

http://bit.ly/2vGccwx

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 05:25:54 PM »

I'll bet almost every young Congressmen or women are considered Yuppies.  How about all those Harvard and Yale lawyers plus most of the other university lawyer who lust to work for the big time firms have to be considered Yuppies.  I'll can almost guarantee the IBM folk who call on National Accounts like Goodyear and other Tire companies, Detroit Car Manufacturers, Pharmaceutical, Large Chemical Companies, large Defense Companies, most State Legislators, State Governors, etc., belong in that class of people. 

Or those companies that make these people's business attire would be no longer in business!