Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Police Reference Check  (Read 54 times)

Charlie59

• View Profile
Police Reference Check
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am about to begin the process of getting my Thai wife an Australian spouse visa. She is here in Oz now on a tourist visa and we are getting married on Saturday. I have been reviewing the documentation requirements and she had to travel to Bangkok to get a police 'clearance'. I am now a bit concerned that the Oz government may want me to get on as well.

The police website seems to be a collection of broken links. I was wondering if anyone else has had to go down this path and if there are reliable third parties that can do this for me.

Maybe not required but I thought I would ask now in case it is needed.

Thanks Everyone,
Charlie.

skulldragger

• View Profile
Re: Police Reference Check
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:44:43 AM »
You will need to provide a Thai police clearance for yourself if you have resided in Thailand for 12 months or more (cumulatively) over the last 10 years.
I recently did a spouse visa for my step sons Thai wife.
Let me know if you need more info.

One thing I was surprised at was the immigration dept wait time for the visa was 10 to 14 months. She got hers in 6 weeks.

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Police Reference Check
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »
I got my ex-Thai wife her Residence Visa for Australia and the process is that you must supply a Thai Police check and a Medical for the Thai plus we had to supply a Thai Police check and a Medical for her daughter who was not coming to Australia and the time frame is up to 10 months and that depends on how many applications are submitted at the time.