Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: 5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA" - Is it real or just more "vaporware"???  (Read 5357 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA" - Is it real or just more "vaporware"?

Hi ForumMates! 

Just got this ThaiVisa Newsletter with a promo about the "Thailand Elite Card."  It doesn't apply to me, so I don't care one way or the other personally.  It might, however, be important to others . . . except that I seem to recall a LOT of controversy about this or about something similar in the past.  You have to e-mail them to get the poop. So I hope some of yooze guys will respond, get the poop, and get us advised of any developments.  Thanks, lah!

Read on . . .

Subject:  5 Year multiple entry visas now available
Date:  Tue, 21 Jul 2015 06:21:39 +0000
To: rex@ . . .   

THAI VISA MEMBER NEWSLETTER JULY 2015[/size][/b]

5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA - "PE VISA"

You can now get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand!
Perfect if you are under 50 years old, or not married to a Thai citizen or not working.

• Visa type: PE
  • [Visa validity: 5 years
  • [Length of stay: 1 year per entry
  • [Extendable: Every entry gives you a full year stay, or you can extend every year at your local Immigration office.
  • Included: Immigration Airport Fast Track and Free Airport Limousine
For more information, please email mailto:elitecard@thaivisa.com
elitecard@thaivisa.com

Email us now and we will get back to you within 48 hours with application form and information package.

This is a sponsored message from Thailand Elite Card to the subscribers of Thaivisa Newsletter.

Jimmy

• View Profile
It's real enough I know 2 people that have them now

fceligoj

• View Profile
If this is really valid and recognized by Thai Immigration, why can you not find this 5-year Multiple Entry PE Visa on the Thai Immigration web site?

fceligoj

• View Profile
No one is talking about the cost of the Elite Membership so I went on Google and found this web page.  If the prices are real, then it is an expensive approach to getting a Visa! 

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/07/elite-card-sales-flop/

Jimmy

• View Profile
500k but its an option for the single guy under 50

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Fri 24 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

As it doesn't apply to nor benefit me, I have only paid attention "out of the corner of my eye."  However, wasn't there some controversy about this the last time it was promoted several years ago?  If I am remembering correctly--and correct me if I am wrong--people invested all this money in the card, but then it wasn't being honored or they couldn't use it or something???  No?

Laterite

• View Profile
My experience is that probably half of so called "information" you read on ThaiVisa.com is rubbish and highly unreliable. I recall most of the information on what documents would be required for my type of visa was wrong and never asked for at the immigration office. It was from that I realized that local rules were the key issue when dealing with immigration. What happens in Phuket or Bangkok is almost irrelevant or quite likely different to what will be required in the north east offices. Ask there first, forget about the sages in Thaivisa.

TerryLH

• View Profile
I agree that you should contact the local office for what they require.  Not just for immigration.
I also know that the 'sages' you are so quick to discount offer a lot of good advice, and encourage you to do just that. 

Kajornsak

• View Profile
Total rip-off. Even have to continue with the 90 day reporting!!!!!!!!!

If possible, the best  thing is to get Permanent Residency or Citizenship, which is actually pretty simple these days.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile

If possible, the best  thing is to get Permanent Residency or Citizenship, which is actually pretty simple these days.

It is???
Impossible for most of us!

martin

• View Profile

If possible, the best  thing is to get Permanent Residency or Citizenship, which is actually pretty simple these days ...

... if you've worked and paid income tax in Thailand for 3 years (if I remember correctly) immediately prior to application and continue to do so during the course of the application.

Otherwise forget it.

Those among us who use an overseas income to help support our Thai spouse, Thai family count for nothing (except to our families). 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:41:48 PM by martin »