Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: TRUE Move Wifi  (Read 5905 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
TRUE Move Wifi
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:21:47 PM »
True just installed the next generation glass cable in our village, Phapirom Park Ville.  It will support, the internet, land line telephone and True Vision television PLUS you get a True Sym card, 3G or 4G.

The internet/wireless is 30 Mbps download/3 Mbps upload
A 12,300 baht value router
Basic television (101 channels/3HD)
Landline telephone capability (you have to go buy a telephone like at Big C.
AND a 3G or 4G sym card, one of 3 varieties

This offer is available anywhere this new glass cable technology is installed.  This is a 2,097 baht/mo value for 799 baht/month.

Supposed to be a very easy install.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: TRUE Move Wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
Since this offer just did not 'smell' right, we called the True Call Center.  Of course, the salesman oversold what you got (checking the current Ts & Cs for the fiber internet.)  It is an offer that is good for 12 months, after which you drop to 18.1 Mbps, OR you can pay the regular monthly fee for 30 Mbps at the time when your 12 month promotion expires.

So I guess, as normal, buyer beware!!

We may go ahead with the installation since our current 3BB service is getting terrible in the AM (6-7:30) and in the PM (4-5:30).  We sometimes get down less than 1 Mbps download and 0.4 Mbps upload.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »
Have not seen any AIS Promotional advertisements in our village.  I checked the AIS site you identified, but their monthly charge was still 500 baht a month more for 30 Mbps download capability.  I did not see a free phone line, a sim card with the AIS offer either.  Both give free 'satellite' channels through the internet connection.  (We already have ipplaybox.)

Maybe in a year if True doesn't give an extension on their special, it will be good time to check AIS.

By the way all the cabling, installation, router. etc are free with True.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
Our village has recently been blitzed with AIS Fibre leaflets.
When the installers turned up to connect people that applied they found out that there was not even a signal in the village.
They were not impressed.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:07:28 PM »
I guess you are unlucky then. It is best I have experienced in Thailand.

No doubt it is. I just have to wait and hope it arrives here one day
Just seems pretty idiotic to promote and get sign ups for a service that does not exist.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »
Hopefully, what I saw a week or so ago were several technicians checking to make sure there were the correct activated signals throughout Phapirom Park Ville.

Let you know how it all worked out once they install, either on the 5th or the 6th.

Isaan Man, same ad I saw on the internet.  Just did not subtract correctly, only 400 baht difference.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:30 AM »
True technicians installed our new fiber-based connection, very straight forward.  Like the other FTTH systems throughout the world, Thailand solution is the same.  They bring the fiber into your house to an attachment point.  It then interfaces with a very thin cable to the Optical Network Terminal (router), which then has multi-drops to 2 telephone ports, 1 USB port, 4 LAN ports and a CATV port for the True Vision cable TV network.  All come in through the optical cable then are distributed by the normal functional cables.

So we now have

-30Mbps internet.
-CATV - 101 True TV channels - free (can order more for an increase in the monthly cost.)
-Land-line telephone  (this should allow me to use my fax machine if necessary.
-Mobile phone sim card (iSmart199).

All for the monthly charge of 799 baht+VAT.  There is no deposit, no installation charge, no cable charge, no optional network terminal charge and no True CATV box charge.  1 year contract.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
Sounds nice, would love 30 Mbps, or anything near it.
But not expectinging it near me soon.

Sunset from my bedroom window

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »
Currently, they are installing only FTTH fiber, which means only in villages (Phapirom, Canaryville, PS Home, etc), since it installs directly to the house.  They are not considering any time soon to install in a major city like Khon Kaen (FTTB).

There are now 8 houses and counting in Phapirom Park Ville for this new service.  Guess everyone is fed up with the current 3BB service.  (Between 6:30AM and about 8AM, our bandwidth was about 2-3 Mbps instead of what we were paying, 15 Mbps!)