Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Amazon Global  (Read 574 times)

screamer

• View Profile
Amazon Global
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:52:17 PM »

Available now in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/world-updates/1448258/amazon-com-shopping-app-goes-global

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Global
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »
It's great if you really, really, need something Amazon is selling. But, most of the time. The shipping and import fees come to more than the cost of the product. For instance. My wife wanted a Kitchenaid stand mixer. The shipping and import fees are more than the mixer.
 Even though the cost of the mixer is less on Amazon than let's say Lazada. I is still cheaper to buy from Lazada without the shipping and import fees.
 Like I said, if you really need Amazon. Then that's OK. But if not, it is very expensive.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
If the item is not made in Thailand, you are going to pay for shipping and duty regardless of whether it is folded into the base purchase price or added on after.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »

If the item is not made in Thailand, you are going to pay for shipping and duty regardless of whether it is folded into the base purchase price or added on after.

Like all these low cost airlines who charge for hold baggage etc and people think they get it for free just because it's not added on as an extra.
Everybody on main airlines pays for check-in desks, baggage handlers etc

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
Even for a lot of stuff made here you'll end up paying for shipping because a lot of it will be shipped from somewhere else.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:50 PM »
If you don't mind the "Made in China" label, then buying stuff on "AliExpress" is the place to go if you cannot find on Lazada (plus many items on Lazada are provided by Alibaba.)  They ship free or for a very small charge, but you have to use your home country's credit card.

For example, I can buy the same PGM leather golf glove on AliExpress and save a bundle vs Lazada, especially if I buy 5/6 at a time.  Typically, they charge $1USD for postage and since it is a small item, Thailand does not process it through customs.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:38 PM »
"They ship free or for a very small charge, but you have to use your home country's credit card."

We use a Thai CC with a farang name on it with no problem.  I assume I'm missing something because your info is usually spot on.
Can you clarify what you mean?
Thanks
Terry

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 06:28:37 AM »
Alot of items on amazon are not eligible for international shipping. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 07:12:00 AM »
Terry, I guess I should have limited my comment to what I did.  I did not want to use my wife's credit card(s) to purchase so I used mine from the US.  I have the 'black' cards from the US so I get no currency conversion charge or foreign use charge.  The price is the price.  Plus, I preferred charging to my US Credit Card.

I bought some items that were quite expensive (from my perspective) which I could not find them on Lazada.  On the golf gloves, the prices on Lazada were 2-3 X that of AliExpress.  But if you bought 1 glove, the price came out about the same where AliExpress charged postage, but that postage price was the same whether you bought 1 or 5 or 10.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 12:18:52 PM »
Thanks.
Terry