Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 203 times)

Surfer

• View Profile
Hello
« on: July 31, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »

Hi Fellow Members.

We recently moved to KK after living for 22 years in Pattaya (Dark Side). My wife has family in KK and we have spent so much time here in the last couple of years that we decided to cash-in our old place and build here.

We have seen so many changes in Pattaya over the years that even our area (only 2 houses on our Soi at the time of building) has become infested with Bars and the noise that they bring!

We are several Km out of town and have not spent much time exploring yet (other than visiting places we know over the years of  family visits). I am hoping to change that soon.

During my "exploring" of the Forum I saw a thread about Farang food getting delivered to KK every few weeks. Is it any good? (not had time to visit the website yet).

I will try to be an active member and look forward to striking up some meaningful friendships here.

Best wishes,

Derek.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:56:06 PM by Surfer »

LungBing

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
Welcome.  The foreign food is very good.  Paul delivers to the car park in Makro on Mittrapharp in Khon Kaen.  But you've just missed his last delivery which was Thursday last week.  There's a link to a .pdf file on this page
http://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/products.htm
which will show what an extensive range of food he sells.  Never been disappointed yet.

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 03:05:33 PM »

Welcome.  The foreign food is very good.  Paul delivers to the car park in Makro on Mittrapharp in Khon Kaen.  But you've just missed his last delivery which was Thursday last week.  There's a link to a .pdf file on this page
http://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/products.htm
which will show what an extensive range of food he sells.  Never been disappointed yet.

Many thanks for your reply. I see that he is due again on 6th September. I will give it a try as I was a little concerned about the limited Western food available in stores up here.
I presume we need to pre order?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 06:41:02 AM »

Welcome, Derek.

1.  From which part of the western world are you originally?

2.  There are a couple of current threads on the Forum about Nookie's Delights (the man who delivers.)

3.  Are you a golfer?

Frank

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »

Welcome, Derek.

1.  From which part of the western world are you originally?

2.  There are a couple of current threads on the Forum about Nookie's Delights (the man who delivers.)

3.  Are you a golfer?

Frank

Hello Frank, Nice to meet you.

I lived in various parts of the UK all of my life, until retiring to Thailand.

It was a case of where my work took me a lot of the time. I was a commercial Debt Collector - with the latter part working for an Insurance Company.

I think I have read all there is about the food and I will be placing an order for September.

Golf - I used to play socially. Whoever I was working for at any one time encouraged me to play in their society days because they wanted the clients to win LOL.  Yes - a genuine 28er, although whilst living in Pattaya I was once given 34 by the Pattaya H'cap office  ;D   sadly it came down to 28 very quickly, after putting in a card for 94 Gross one day.  cry2

How about you? Where do you originate?

Derek
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 10:39:42 AM by Surfer »