Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: AirBnB illegal in Thailand  (Read 356 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
AirBnB illegal in Thailand
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
Thu 17 May 2018, 12:06 pm

Court decides:
AirBnB illegal in Thailand for daily and weekly rental

A court in Hua Hin has effectively decided that people who rent out their rooms via AirBnB on a daily and weekly basis are acting illegally . . .

. . . The court ruled that people renting out their rooms on a daily and weekly basis contravened regulations surrounding hotels.

Rentals of 30 days and more would be legal.

Read more on ThaiVisa => http://bit.ly/2wNhUzG

screamer

• View Profile
Re: AirBnB illegal in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »
That would be terrible, I use them all the time.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »

The following interesting article was published in the Bangkok Post, 11 July.  I did not realize how many countries are trying to control the use of Airbnb rentals from safety regulation requirements to taxing the rental income of the owners. 

I sure wouldn't want to be a condo owner and have one of my neighbors renting out their property to unscrupulous guests.  In Thailand, if a foreigner rents out the property, how does the owner meet Immigration's requirements of Form TM30?  Or is it Aribnb's responsibility?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1501498/how-countries-are-handling-airbnbs-disruption#cxrecs_s

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:41:23 PM »
Why does the government need to be involved? Surely the condo associations are more than capable of deciding whether or not or to allow Airbnb. Potential condo buyers can be advised if the building is Airbnb and then make an informed decision whether or not they wish to buy.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »

All the Airbnb's I've stayed in have been in normal condos where all the usual rules and regs would have been followed by the builders and other occupants.