Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: TOS (Terms of Service)  (Read 4848 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
TOS (Terms of Service)
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
Khon Kaen Forum
TOS / Terms of Service

• No fussing, no fighting, no SPAMMing, no scamming, no trolling.  You know the drill.  There is nothing at all unusual here.  Treat each other in a friendly, respectful way.  Absolutely no personal attacks or "flames."  Focus on the principles, content and ideas of what OP are saying, not on their  personalities and behaviors, and everything will be peachy.
  • Discussions about Khon Kaen Forum : Your comments, suggestions and criticisms about Khon Kaen Forum are welcome and appreciated.  However, make your point and then go about your business. Admin will not enter into protracted discussions or debates or arguments about the state or nature of the forum; nor of future plans for the forum, nor of what the forum should or should not be doing; nor of admin decisions, policy, nor the behavior of other members nor of admin. We also do not use this forum as a venue to flame other forums. This policy is entirely normal and consistent with TOS of other similar forums.

2.  SPAM

• Unlike some other boards, feel free to promote your personal projects in a tasteful way and in the appropriate section of the forum.  Be cool, and do not abuse this.  However, please note that this privilege is afforded to contributing members of this community only.  Anything that is obviously SPAM or  just a "drive by shooting" for the purpose of getting free advertising will be deleted without notice.

3. COPYRIGHT

• All content here is copyright KhonKaenForum.net , and may not be used elsewhere without prior permission. 

4.  CONTENT

• Admin reserves the right to move, close and/or delete posts and topics as necessary, and may occasionally edit posts, but usually this is minor and only for the purpose of correcting formatting problems.
  • Any content that is altered, moved or deleted is at the sole discretion of Admin.  Any requests from members or others to alter or delete content will be considered on their merits, but normally such request will not be granted except in very extreme cases or where legal issues may become involved.
  • Admin will determine when ordinary squabbles are becoming inflammatory, and are reaching the level of TOS.  On these occasions, Admin will issue a "cease and desist' order, and the parties involved are expected to do just that, and take the fight off-list. Failure to comply in these occasions may result in the suspension or termination of posting privileges.
  • Please report any conflicts or problems you have with another member to Admin.  Do not engage in arguments with the OP or attempt to correct the problem or enforce TOS yourself. Thank you.

5. LESE MAJESTE

• is the crime of violating majesty, an offense against the dignity of a reigning sovereign or against a state. It is VERY  illegal to insult the King or the Royal Family in Thailand,  and every year people innocently get jailed or have other legal problems for doing so.  It is not a joke, and it is seriously against this forum's TOS, so don't do it.
  • Likewise, while it is not illegal, is considered very poor taste and very disturbing Thai people to insult Buddhism.  Please be respectful when discussing the national religion of Thailand.

6.  PRIVATE PROPERTY

• This forum is private property.  Any right of way, right of use, or of "free speech" is solely at the pleasure and the discretion of the owners, and may be altered or changed or withdrawn at any time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:52:53 AM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: TOS (Terms of Service)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »
Sun 14 Jun 2015, 5:52 pm

Sigh!

There is nothing usual here.  Read the TOS of any forum and you will see pretty much the same points.

COPYRIGHT: Yes, this means what it says.  Content is owned 100% by KhonKaenForum.net (KKF) and may be re-published as Admin sees fit, to savory and unsavory places.  This is no different than any print media. Or film, for that matter.  Many eminent authors have ended up regretting  their decision to sell the rights to their books to movie makers.  You relinquish the rights to anything you submit to a publishing venue, digital or print. 

If Admin (or anyone else) were to publish or re-publish altered or counterfeit content and represent it as your words--say insulting the Royal Family, for example--various statutes of liable, fraud, defamation and malicious mischief would come into play, no different than would be the case with any other venue or media.

Yes, indeed, there is a problem with various kinds of identify theft, defamation, fraud and malicious mischief all over the internet and other media as well. But this forum or any forum is no special case.  The laws applying to this matter are well established and have evolved over 200 years or more in the publishing industry.

PRIVATE PROPERTY You are misinterpreting the intent and meaning of this clause.  Private property is a literal (and technological) fact, no different than if your were to visit a shop or a bar which is private property.  That means that the forum is not not a democracy, and any "freedom of speech," access, use and right-of-way is at the sole discretion and pleasure of the owner, and may be revised, withheld or withdrawn at any time.  I think that is pretty clear.

TROLLing You seem to have skipped over the first sentence in the TOS :  "No fussing, no fighting, no SPAMMing, no scamming, no trolling."  Note the emphasis here on  TROLLing. .  As a practical matter, my usual practice is to allow trolls enough rope to hang themselves, then quietly delete their account without notice and without fanfare.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:28:26 PM »
REx, is there a PM button available?  I assume that's what the 4th icon is for.  Maybe not everyone understands what it's for.

Dave, I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering if you were still in the area, or not.  good to see you're still here.
Hope to see more of your posts in the future.

Terry

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »
Mon 15 Jun 2015, 9:53 pm

To send another member a PM (Private Message), look for their username to the left of one of their posts.  Below their username, you will see three little icons.

1.  Click on the one that looks like a speech bubble thingy, that will open a message window already addressed to the member.  Just add your message and click "Send."

2.  To send the member an e-mail (assuming the member has enabled that facility) just click on the envelope icon. 

3.  You may visit the members profie page by clicking on the little person icon next to e-mail, or just click on the member's username.

4.  You my visit your personal message center to read or send messages by clicking on the "My Messages" tab (Duh!) near the top right of your screen.

--

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 06:46:12 AM »
Tue 16 Jun 2015, 6:43 am

Actually, I did respond to this yesterday, but in hindsight, felt that I was being unduly harsh and deleted my post. Quite frankly, I don't know how to respond (That's a new one!) because I feel that no matter what I say or how I respond, I am being drawn into Dave's personal issues, and challenged to engage in this on more of a personal level than I care to.  I was just doing my job making a very time consuming response to a post that to my "spidey sense" seemed deliberately naive and provocative.  Let me just say that I believe Dave was "over-thinking" the TOS thing, and over-thinking my response, and choosing to making this into some kind of squabble. Ironically, that is "trolling," whether it is intentional or just driven by a personality issues.  Everyone is, I suppose, entitled to upset themselves over whatever they like.  Seems a pity, though, when it is over petty issues and abstractions such as "integrity."  Oh, well! To each his own.

Finally, I neither accept nor reject Dave's "resignation." We really do not have that concept here.  We hate to lose good members, especially new ones, especially on a fledgling project.  However, KKF has and is committed to "open registration."  That is everyone is free to join and to participate at whatever level they are comfortable, or to not participate.  Members may come and go as they please, take a "vacation" for awhile, come back later, never come back. I am still learning how to use this software.  When I have the time, I will figure it out and honor Dave's request to delete his account, if that is what he wants.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:54 AM »
"Actually, I did respond to this yesterday, but in hindsight, felt that I was being unduly harsh and deleted my post."

Thanks for clarifying that Rex.  I thought I read that, then it was gone.  Thought I was hallucinating again.
Terry

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:02 AM »
Pretty standard T & C stuff.   Least its upfront