Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: US Embassy Consular Outreach in Khon Kaen - Wednesday, 20 June 2018  (Read 1034 times)

TerryLH

• View Profile
Re: US Embassy Consular Outreach in Khon Kaen - Wednesday, 20 June 2018
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »
Rex, you weren't the only one with a bank check problem.  It looked to me like there were many in the same situation.

Terry

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »

Mac, I was there, no problem with the right amount, etc.  But as you sit there and you start thinking, especially once someone gets to the desk and they are told they have the wrong amount, or the incorrect "Pay to the Order of" name, do you have the correct amount,  etc.

It seems the Embassy should have a big sign stating the various amounts in baht for services rendered right at the registration desk.  Instead, they wait to tell the individual of the mistake once they have gotten into the line and cause other people's delays since  usually there is a long discussion that takes place at the desk.  Not too efficient.

Maybe one of the wardens should be at the registration desk, asking the question for which you are there and checking to make sure the correct amount, "Pay to the Order of" is correct, etc.  This would be much like what immigration used to do in their office with the receptionist.

Before this forcing function of having a Bank Draft was instituted, one went up for the service and were told the amount to be paid.  You used to pull out your bahts and paid, got a receipt, had the services handled, and be gone!

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
I wonder how many had pay to the order of  "American Embassy Bangkok". With the quotation marks on it?

That's the way they put it on their website.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
The average age of the Americans at these events is about 87. Surprising so many of us even remember why we went there once we get there.

Go Giants   roll

Dave G

Tonytj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »
The average age of the Americans at these events is about 87. Surprising so many of us even remember why we went there once we get there.

Go Giants   roll

Dave G

I apologize for being incredibly naive. When these 87 yr old expats pass at the nice age of 98, do they expect to be buried in back in the the country they came from or in Thailand?

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
I have no idea.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
It is very costly to repatriate a body.  So, regardless of what these folks expect, unless they is rich, they are staying right here!