Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: I don't like KK Forum  (Read 619 times)

Rc27

• View Profile
I don't like KK Forum
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:35:25 AM »
Wtf?

I hope you asked the persons permission before plastring his name on your site? That looks really bad to be honest, that's extremely bad practice.

Rc27

• View Profile
Re: I don't like KK Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »
Why should the contributor play with you?

Seriously, the guy has a house in KK to sell. I think that has value to the audience more than most content here. Sorry but this forum is coming across as amateurish and out of touch. I'm sorry I know this is someone's work but some of the messages from administration seem well off. Also the system to validate a message is awful. This is khon kaen where 4.0 does actually ring true. This website needs a major rethink. I like the locality, the idea, but the result is disappointing. I thought at first maybe KK is too small an area to address solely but with the way the site is it does not have a chance.  Hope all are enjoying your weekend.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »

Rc, I am trying to figure out why you think a posting of a house for sale on a Forum has value?  If it is such then, put it on a Facebook site called "Expats in Khon Kaen" or one of the websites for selling houses.  Ask yourself, why don't you see more items where Forum members are seeking the purchase of a house?

Also, if the person wants pictures of his house to be available for viewing, then he should have a Facebook site open to all.  He can then post all the pictures that he wants and in the body of his thread on the Forum paste in the url for that Facebook site.

If you are so hard over about your dislike for this Forum, then drop out of it.  I don't think anyone will miss you.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Frank, I am sorry but I disagree with you. Look at the different sections in this forum and you will find one on real estate and to me that is value to the members who are maybe staying in some rundown condo that wants a better rental or even to buy a house. It is a thing called service to the members Frank and Khon Kaen Forum is covering all types of services.You are also wrong Rc27 in your claim that this Forum is amateurish and out of touch. I suppose that you think that you could do better, then why don't you go and start one and see how much work goes into it and remember that the person that started this Forum does not get paid. I personally think that this forum is good and that the disappointing thing is that some people are snobs and do nothing to better the Forum but are only interested in attack other people.You make it quite clear that you do not like this Forum so why stay a member as for you thinking this Forum does not stand a chance, well that is only your opinion and really your opinion on that matter doesn't hold much value.Because someone has said something that has upset you there is no need to attack the person who started this Forum for not only you to have a say but for all the other members to have the same right to their say as you do.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »

Russell, sorry, I guess I worded it wrong.  Should have said that a house for sale has the same value as trying to find a place to sharpen scissors or finding a good dentist.  they all have value of in itself to the member who is selling or buying.  There is no finder's fee in any of them.  But if you have a house for sale, you really should put it on a site exclusively for selling a property and then reference it back to the Forum.  this would really expand the audience.  Also, it would allow the seller a much better chance to advertise his house/property with pictures instead of trying to put a few on the Forum which is limited in its capacity to show pictures.

On putting a guys name on a thread, it is the same as putting a phone number or an email address.  It is really up to the person who goes on the thread to put his personal information on the thread.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »
Remember that this is a house for sale and the person who is selling it is going to put their name and contact details on the forum for people to contact them, so I see nothing wrong with what admin have done because they have only said that this person asked how to put a picture on their add. Admin did not disclose any other details about the person except for their name which is on the add. If this was a personal matter then it would be different but as it is an item for sale then the more times the name is on the forum the better.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Do not feed the trolls!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 06:53:13 AM »
Kindly refrain from feeding the trolls!

Aspro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 08:17:57 AM »

Dear Khon Kaen Forum,

I am writing this to say that I am withdrawing my ad House for Sale in Khon Kaen and my membership as I didn't realize that this simple ad would start such a sh#t fight.

Also I thought PM meant Personal Message not Public Message.
Khon Kaen forum:Accommodationinvites members to advertise on Properties, seeking & offering, Houses, Apartments, Condos For Sale or Rent so I took this invite to advertise the house.

My name Aspro comes from a company in Australia that once sold aspirin under the brand name of Aspro many years ago. We call some people in Australia, Aspro because aspirin is a slow working dope. (Meaning not the sharpest tool in the shed).

I hope you all have a nice day. Good farewell and amen.(Mash).
Aspro

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:23:56 AM by Aspro »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
We are sorry to lose you, Aspro, as we are sorry to lose any member. Best of luck in selling your house.  However, everyone might remember that this is a forum, not a prison. Just like TESCO, members are free to come and go as they please, take what they like, leave the rest,  take a break, stay away, come back, don't come back.  It's all good.

Two things for everyone to keep in mind, however. 

1. Within a few reasonable limitations, members are free to post whatever they like here.  Also, within a few reasonable limitations, people are free to respond to those posts however the like.  If you are not prepared to deal with that, better not to post in the first place.

2. Unlike most other similar types of forums that I am aware of, we are happy for members to promote their personal projects and businesses, sell their stuff and what not. All that we ask is that they be participating, contributing members of the community in other ways. We are not an advertising bulletin board and don't care to become one. I think that policy is not only unusual and perfectly reasonable, but generous. I can't imagine how anyone would object to it.  Just spend some time on that Brand X Forum and see how a nanny state operates!

3. This would have been a non-issue, less than a non-issue if Mr. Troll had not happened along, thought it might be fun to toss a couple of hand grenades, see if he could stir up some trouble, have some fun.  Unfortunately, a couple of you guys got sucked in.  Then, Aspro got offended (or whatever it was that he got) and makes a dramatic exit. My canned response to dramatic exists is something to the effect of "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!"

I have been doing this since we had Pattaya4U.com 20 years ago, and seen this exact same pattern played over and over again. It is entirely predictable.  I have seen people become very disturbed and personally hurt when it is allowed to go to far.  Some of you may remember the Babymaker-Skywalker wars a couple of years ago.

So, who is the big winner today?  It's Mr. Troll, of course!

It is always best to avoid feeding trolls.  Nothing good ever comes from it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:46:05 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 05:47:05 PM »
i still can't figure out what the hell this is even about.  You don't like the forum you know where the door is. 

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
Yep. Bye Bye.

Rc27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:02:40 AM »
Russell - as I said a local forum is a great idea but I'm pretty sure the lack of activity is not as a result of a lack of expats interested or living in KK. I believe the site and process's to be put of touch.

Rex - I commend you for creating this site but it's just not that user friendly.

Frank - when your selling anything the key is to put info in as many relevant places as possibble  The aspro guy has it on a property site but he was smart enough to stick it here too and if you cannot see the relevance then that is your problem.

I actually joined this forum as I thought it would be a hive of local activity across everything KK has to offer. Instead there is a short cut to amazon and the most popular post in yonks is this one.

Sorry but we're not in the 1990's anymore.

I know you may feel this is rude and I acknowledge it is but it is also very true, sorry about that I know it's difficult to hear stuff like that but I am a very honest person and it's been a disappointment.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »

Rc27, maybe you have not been here for a very long time.  there was a Khon Kaen before, but one of the more disruptive persons caused it to essentially be abandoned, and he took a similar over.  It was a disaster.

Rex, at his own expense, established this site to support a basic Forum to allow those interested in providing information and getting information about the local area as single place to do it.

Like you said, being able to place an 'ad' on this site shows some value no matter what it is, home for sale, scissors sharpened, great restaurant, etc.  My suggestion was to put the BIG ad on a website that could support possibly 100's of pictures and then on our Forum to put a link to that site.  Easy as pie.  Click on the website address and lo and behold, all you could ever want.  (I am pretty sure that Aspro then would get what he really needed, exposure.)  Our Forum has limited ability to download pictures, up to 128KB per picture, then total only 192KB.

Early on in the development of this site, Rex came out and told everyone that he had limited resources to do it, but if others wanted to support him, great.  I doubt if any money rolled in to support!

If you need more access to things in KKC or the need to advertise using multitudes of pictures, go to Facebook's "Expats in Khon Kaen" site, if you can get on it.  Seems the administrator is now limiting who can go on because of all the innocuous advertising by those who DO NOT want to identify themselves.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 12:55:25 PM »
I have no problem with the concept that someone selling a house, for example, would prefer to list it in as many places as possible. However, the policy here is that we welcome participating members of Khon Kaen Forum to discuss and promote their personal projects and businesses, sell their stuff and what not. If that is inconvenient, then don't post ads here. I don't see how anyone could possibly misunderstand that. As for Mr. Dramatic Exit, I didn't delete his ad or get on his case, I just posted a reminder of the policy. Geeze!

As for Mr. Honest Troll who says "... I am a very honest person.  roll    roll    roll smiley32

Rc27

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
A guy wanted to sell his house in the khon kaen forum and his house is in khon kaen and he gets told to play.

Fail to see how that is not valuable in itself to this forum.

Guests and members may be interested.

That's valuable content.

Yes he could have pasted a link and in his message to me he did but perhaps he did not know how, I do not know and when I saw his advert I messaged him and told him the same thing. Some places don't like you linking to other sites maybe that was his reluctance.

Identifying yourself - why do we have usernames?

I don't think in today's digital age it is best practice expose your identity online to all and sundry. Data is collected for good and bad. Even facebook has privacy controls so I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea. Sure if you met someone like minded you could build some bridges but in a forum I think 98% of people would wish to protect their identity.

Rex, if you cannot handle a bit of criticism then your in the wrong game and you are the one that chose to publish that private message in a public domain with guys full name. This is where this began.

So less of calling people names please.