Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Will HomePro cut PVC pipe  (Read 113 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Will HomePro cut PVC pipe
« on: April 21, 2018, 10:43:20 AM »
I have a project that is made from 1 inch PVC pipe using many pieces of specific lengths; a few inches to 1 or 2 feet.  Anyone know if the boys at HomePro (or another big box shop, or some other place) cut to specific lengths?

Tks, lah!

Windy

• View Profile
Re: Will HomePro cut PVC pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Just get one of these. It cuts easy and no barbs or jagged edges like with a saw and only 179 baht  ;D

https://www.homepro.co.th/product/244113?lang=en

Sunset from my bedroom window

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »
That's a possibility.  Tks, Windy!  However, I usually don't do anything myself that I can get someone else to do for me! smiley32

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
Rex, I am not sure any of the big shops will cut it to the many specific lengths you require.  You'll have to ask.

The tool Windy suggested is really great for PVC up to about the 1/2" size, after that it becomes more difficult.  Even though it is a knife edge, effectively, it uses pressure to cut as you squeeze.  1" pipe will be a little more difficult and your pipe may not still round, round.  Or you have to start the cut and then twist the pipe, but you have to make sure the cut stays vertical.  (Done quite a bit of cutting PVC around the house.)

I now rely on a grinder with a diamond cutting blade to do the job, clean cuts, no barbs, etc.  You do need to make a scribe with a marker 360 degrees so you may a perfect cut.   (Even with the tool Windy suggests, you may not be able to always get a perfect vertical cut.)