Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Thai old age pension  (Read 262 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Thai old age pension
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »

My wife has applied for her old age pension and filled out the paperwork to have it deposited into her Krung Thai account.

Now, we want to know when she will get her first payment. Her birthday was in Feb, but the village elders are telling her she won't see the first deposit untill next year!

Sounds a bit off, but they do some crazy stuff here, so I don't know what to believe.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Savannah20

• View Profile
Re: Thai old age pension
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
When a Thai person reaches their 60th birthday they are entitled to 600 a month. It use to be 500 but was bumped up a while ago. You have a choice of cash or electronic deposit in a bank account. The deposit in a bank account process is in its early days and might not be available in Khon Kaen just yet (I'm not sure). But the cash in the hand process is alive and well.

Good luck.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Thai old age pension
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:30:33 PM »
For all Thais that could afford it, they should have been putting money into a special savings account at Krung Thai Bank.  The Thai Government is putting in that account matching funds up to a certain maximum each year and providing decent interest too.  This is the third or fourth year that this has been available.