Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: foreigners to re-register addresses, even if staying away just one night  (Read 8375 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: foreigners to re-register addresses, even if staying away just one night
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 07:44:15 AM »
Check out this you tube video on FM 30 form requirements:

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »
I think he should have either rehearsed the talk beforehand or had a more coherent speaker to do the video.  I gave up on him stuttering and stumbling over words.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 07:05:42 PM »
Lung Bing, I think in essence, if you have an executed form TM30 and you traveling to various places in Thailand but always return to your 'established living' location identified in the TM30, there is no need to submit a new Form 30 for approval.  Not sure about it if you leave the country and return, probably the same.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 01:10:20 PM »
When the borders were open I was doing a border run every 90 days and my wife had to do a new TM30 every time I returned.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
If I manage to get to Thailand and go into an ASQ hotel would I have to register that as my address and then need a TM30 when I get to KK?

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »
When the borders were open I was doing a border run every 90 days and my wife had to do a new TM30 every time I returned.

That requirement was changed in an amended Police Order dated (from memory) the end of June 2020.
There is now no need to report again if you are returning to the same address as last registered.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:26:03 PM by Surfer »

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
If I manage to get to Thailand and go into an ASQ hotel would I have to register that as my address and then need a TM30 when I get to KK?

No screamer. The Hotel for ASQ should report your arrival.

As long as the home address has not changed since last reported via TM30, there is no need to report again.

PS. Good luck with getting back. Many legally married foreigners and parents of Thai children are now returning to LoS.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:24:59 PM by Surfer »

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »

No screamer. The Hotel for ASQ should report your arrival.

As long as the home address has not changed since last reported via TM30, there is no need to report again.

PS. Good luck with getting back. Many legally married foreigners and parents of Thai children are now returning to LoS.

Cheers.
I "only" have a multi O-A visa. My family is my brother and his family which isn't quite close enough for the familial ties route but the visa should do it.
In actual fact, I haven't got the visa yet as it lapsed when I was stuck in the UK.
An email to the UK Embassy just elicited an auto-response but I got a decent reply via Facebook messenger.
Fingers crossed.