Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Cryptocurrancies  (Read 849 times)

Blocker

• View Profile
Cryptocurrancies
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
ET AL
I have a feeling that I may get some distractors comments from this post. However, personally I am very positive about the future of Cryptocurrencies.
I first invested in Bitcoin in January 2016, and then altcoins in 2017, since then I have managed to extract my original investment and have achieved 1000% return.
I work overseas, 2 months away and three weeks back in Khonkaen, what I am looking for is someone to help me set up a small crypto mining system, nothing-extensive more of an interest.
If anyone is interested, I open suggestions.
Blocker

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Cryptocurrancies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:04:06 AM »
From what I have heard, "mining" becomes a "Catch 22" when the cost of electricity (it takes a lot) offsets the profits made in "acquiring" coins.  Those who are doing this in a serious way have set up operations where really cheap electricity is available or producible.  For example if you had property by a flowing river where there was already a turbine generator operating.  I also heard that techies tend to be the ones interested in mining while entrepreneurs prefer simply investing.  Interesting nonetheless. Way over my head!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
Rex's comments caught my curiosity. So when I saw this article on bitcoin mining, thought I would share.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-mining-sucks-much-electricity-140843956.html

Jannanut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Really, I would like to invest a home I really want to know. What should I prepare?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »
Blocker, tell us more about your ideas for mining.  And how do you propose to overcome the cost of electricity problem?  The technical is way over my head.  I am not even sure how the "mining" metaphor plays out technically.  However, apparently, so far as I understand, it does require a lot of processing power and electricity.  I am afraid that I am usually sucking hind teet on this stuff.  By the time I understand what is going on, the moment has long past.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
Blocker, tell us more about your ideas for mining.  And how do you propose to overcome the cost of electricity problem?  The technical is way over my head.  I am not even sure how the "mining" metaphor plays out technically.  However, apparently, so far as I understand, it does require a lot of processing power and electricity.  I am afraid that I am usually sucking hind teet on this stuff.  By the time I understand what is going on, the moment has long past.

Also a lot of heat from the equipment so more power needed for fans/air conditioning to keep things cool in this temperature here.

Sunset from my bedroom window

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Russian gang steal Bitcoin worth millions
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:57 PM »
Russian gang steal Bitcoin worth millions from young Russian couple in Phuket condo extortion

ThaiVisa.com => http://bit.ly/2mR5zmS

A Russian couple have gone to Thai police to say that compatriots posing initially as Interpol had entered their condominium and forced them to give passwords before stealing nearly 4 million baht in Bitcoin.

Maxsim Latsoka, 23, and Anna Nikurina, 28, were returning home on Monday at 10pm and as they entered their fourth floor condo room in Muang district they were bundled into the room by two Russian men.

The men said they were Interpol from Russia investigating Bitcoin irregularities. The men put a hood over Maxim and wrapped a towel around the head of his girlfriend before another Russian man came into the bedroom.

He ordered them to give the password of their computer notebook then the password of their Bitcoin account. If they didn't they were told they would be injected with drugs and handed over to the Thai police

The gang were in the room for a total of five hours, reported Thai Rath.

They managed to get 100,000 Euros in Bitcoin emptying the account. Then they fled with the notebook warning the couple they would be back to carry out their threats if they went to the Thai police.

A Thai forensics team were at the condo yesterday. The Russian couple initially were scared to report the theft but a friend who is a volunteer policeman persuaded them that it was better to report it.

Thai police said that they have information that the gang have fled to Malaysia.

Arrest warrants are being prepared.

ThaiVisa.com => http://bit.ly/2mR5zmS

Source: Thai Rath
[/size]

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »
GREAT!  They all deserve each other.  Maybe it is a scam and it is really only one group of Russians posing as victims as well as gangsters.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:21:59 AM »
Remember. Whether talking about cryptocurrencies or any other scheme. Just remember the old adage.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »
ET AL
I have a feeling that I may get some distractors comments from this post. However, personally I am very positive about the future of Cryptocurrencies.
I first invested in Bitcoin in January 2016, and then altcoins in 2017, since then I have managed to extract my original investment and have achieved 1000% return.
I work overseas, 2 months away and three weeks back in Khonkaen, what I am looking for is someone to help me set up a small crypto mining system, nothing-extensive more of an interest.
If anyone is interested, I open suggestions.
Blocker

Hey, Blocker!  Any news or updates about your project?  Love to hear more.

Emery_Gaines

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 06:36:24 PM »
In this regard, I agree, too risky idea with this mining. Firstly, it is unclear how quickly it will pay off, given the cost of equipment and a fee for electricity every month. Perhaps a few tokens can be bought, like an attachment and i always do it there https://hiribi.com/, but nothing more.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:46:16 PM by Emery_Gaines »