Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018  (Read 1005 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:17 PM »
Wed 13 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:

OUTREACH SCHEDULE 2018

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

UDON THANI: 7 March 2018
PHUKET: 14 March 2018
PATTAYA: June 2018
KHON KAEN: July 2018
PHUKET: July 2018
UDON THANI: November 2018
PHUKET: November 2018
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:45:46 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
Oh, poop! If the KKC Outreach is prior to 13 July, it won't comply with my 13 Dec renewal! 

Or is it possible that the it is 6 months before you present your sorry carcass at Imm, or 6 months before the actual expiry date??? If you can renew up to 45 days prior to the renewal date, that might solve the problem.  Damn! Rats!  It's always someting, ain't it?

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »
You could always go to Udon in November.

The letter is good for 6 months.  You need to apply during that time frame.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »
The trip to Udon is, of course, not the end of the world.  However, it is a witless, waste of almost an entire day which I prefer to avoid if I can. If I can't, I can't. It was mildly interesting the first half-dozen times I did it, but alas, the thrill has gone!   

However, it would be useful to know--as I was wondering aloud--if the six months prior meant prior to the actual renewal date or six months prior to when you actually visit the Imm office. That would leave a lot more flexibility if, as in this case, the timing off the KKC Embassy outreach was inconvenient. This time, as I arrived exactly on my renewal date, they reminded me that arriving prior to that is advisable as you then have time to deal with any issues before your expiry.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Mon 30 Apr 2018, 11:48 am

The U.S. Embassy is showing a different date.

Might want to re-confirm:

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

PATTAYA: June 6, 2018

KHON KAEN: June 20, 2018

PHUKET: July 5, 2018

UDON THANI: November 2018

PHUKET: November 2018

No appointment is necessary

To receive updates of specific times and locations of any of our upcoming outreaches, which will be released two weeks to 10 days before the event, please register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)  https://step.state.gov/step/ STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to receive important information
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:52:39 AM by Rex (Admin) »

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 06:54:55 AM »
Rex,
Did my 90 day report yesterday and asked the IO about the income verification letter since my next visit will be for my extension. She said, at as far as KK Immigration is concerned, that it had to be dated within 6 montbs of the date you file your application for the extension. So, if you get tbe affidavit at the Embassy Outreach here on June 20, it will be valid until December 20. Hope that helps.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 07:10:45 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I had already figured that out. I can live with just about anything so long as I am clear on what the rules are. Lucky the Embassy Outreach is (just barely) inside of the six months window.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Outreach to Udon Thani November 7, 2018
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach to Udon Thani November 7, 2018           

Subject: Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach to Udon Thani November 7, 2018

The Consular Sec  on of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Udon Thani.

Date: 7 November 2018
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Venue:  Centara Hotel & Conven  on Centre Udon Thani
Address: 277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Amphur Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand
Hotel phone: +66 (0) 4234 3555
E-mail: cud@chr.co.th

No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.

To expedite your service, please consider arriving with your documents filled-out completely, correctly, and NOT signed. Documents, forms and applica  ons can be accessed by clicking on any of the below listed links.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON 7 NOVEMBER 2018

3,740 THB-  Renewal of adult passports

3910 THB-  Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports

4930 THB- Renewal of first adult passports

4930 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports

3910 THB-  Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports

1,020 THB-  Adult passport card

510 THB-  Minor passport card

1,700 THB (per notary stamp) –  Notary– including Income Affidavits

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 34 THB to 1 USD

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the applica  on per the online instruc  ons. These copies will not be returned to you.

IMPORTANT: For applica  ons on behalf of minors, the child and  both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Ci  zen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no excep  ons can be considered, please see the  No Cash Announcement.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.

All Bank Dra  s must be:

Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).

You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank dra  .

1 of 3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 10/29/2018 5:15 PM
Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach to Udon Thani November 7, 2018           mailbox:///C:/Users/REX/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Pro ile...

Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank dra  ” a “Bill of Exchange.”

Dra  s from banks other than those listed above  cannot be accepted

Purchased in advance.

Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok” (Incorrect or misspelled bank dra  s cannot be accepted)

In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.

At the official embassy exchange rate at the   me of the outreach.

Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our  website.

Submi  ed at the   me of service.

You can show below informa  on to the bank:

ลกคาทานนตองการซอแบงคดราฟ (สกลเงนบาทเทานน)
ตามจานวนเงนทระบดานหลงสงจายถง “American Embassy Bangkok” รบกวนชวยอํานวยความสะดวกใหดวยคะ

Delivery Service: Thai Post will mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB
bank dra  . Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank dra   for services.

Please note:

Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.

Bank Dra   requirement only applies to  Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in
Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will con  nue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD).

RETURN OF PASSPORT

Please be advised all passports are now being returned by mail. To retrieve your new passport:

Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope  at the outreach event for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank dra   for services. Our staff will CANCEL your current passport at the outreach event. Your new passport will be returned by mail.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS: Bangkok Bank
154 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng,
Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-221-505 or 042-221-556

Bangkok Bank
227 Pho Sri Rd, Markkaeng, Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-221-777 or 042-221-222

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
184 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng, Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-247-720 or 042-247-725

You may use any branch of the three par  cipa  ng banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.

SPECIAL NOTES

2 of 3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 10/29/2018 5:15 PM
Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach to Udon Thani November 7, 2018           mailbox:///C:/Users/REX/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Pro ile...

CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD AND AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE SERVICES  CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.

Since October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all ques  ons regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits
Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at FBU.manila@ssa.gov. Please visit  h  p://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security informa  on. For other outreach dates and loca  ons please see h  p://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-ci  zen-services/consular-outreach/
For informa  on on US Ci  zen Services please see  h  p://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-ci  zen-services/

For ques  ons please email  acsbkk@state.gov
Follow us on Twi  er by searching our username  @ACSBKK.

Click Here to Unsubscribe

3 of 3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 10/29/2018 5:15 PM

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »

Has the following statement always been in the announcement of the Outreaches ?

"[font=]PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you."[/font]

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »
The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date. Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of your current passport and/or travel document. Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).
[/color][/size][/size] Not much different than what you give to immigration.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »

Sure sounds that way.

Funny I cannot remember having to bring a copy of pertinent passport pages, just the original passport.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 03:12:54 PM »
Maybe it's in case, THEY lose it. They will have a copy.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
good one!

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 07:26:40 AM »
Udon Outreach today. 12 pm.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 08:46:57 AM »

MAC, you will have to let us know about any of the discussions held about the ceasing of the 'certified Income Statement' since it will no longer be available from the Consular Office of the Embassy, especially at the Outreach locations.

I think almost all the Americans that use that system for extending your retirement or marriage extensions  will have all kinds of questions and frustrations.

Please give us some summary of the activities.  Thanks.