Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018  (Read 277 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:17 PM »
Wed 13 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:

OUTREACH SCHEDULE 2018

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

UDON THANI: 7 March 2018
PHUKET: 14 March 2018
PATTAYA: June 2018
KHON KAEN: July 2018
PHUKET: July 2018
UDON THANI: November 2018
PHUKET: November 2018
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:45:46 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: US Consular Outreach Visits "upcountry" for 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
Oh, poop! If the KKC Outreach is prior to 13 July, it won't comply with my 13 Dec renewal! 

Or is it possible that the it is 6 months before you present your sorry carcass at Imm, or 6 months before the actual expiry date??? If you can renew up to 45 days prior to the renewal date, that might solve the problem.  Damn! Rats!  It's always someting, ain't it?

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »
You could always go to Udon in November.

The letter is good for 6 months.  You need to apply during that time frame.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »
The trip to Udon is, of course, not the end of the world.  However, it is a witless, waste of almost an entire day which I prefer to avoid if I can. If I can't, I can't. It was mildly interesting the first half-dozen times I did it, but alas, the thrill has gone!   

However, it would be useful to know--as I was wondering aloud--if the six months prior meant prior to the actual renewal date or six months prior to when you actually visit the Imm office. That would leave a lot more flexibility if, as in this case, the timing off the KKC Embassy outreach was inconvenient. This time, as I arrived exactly on my renewal date, they reminded me that arriving prior to that is advisable as you then have time to deal with any issues before your expiry.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Mon 30 Apr 2018, 11:48 am

The U.S. Embassy is showing a different date.

Might want to re-confirm:

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

PATTAYA: June 6, 2018

KHON KAEN: June 20, 2018

PHUKET: July 5, 2018

UDON THANI: November 2018

PHUKET: November 2018

No appointment is necessary

To receive updates of specific times and locations of any of our upcoming outreaches, which will be released two weeks to 10 days before the event, please register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)  https://step.state.gov/step/ STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to receive important information
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:52:39 AM by Rex (Admin) »

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:54:55 AM »
Rex,
Did my 90 day report yesterday and asked the IO about the income verification letter since my next visit will be for my extension. She said, at as far as KK Immigration is concerned, that it had to be dated within 6 montbs of the date you file your application for the extension. So, if you get tbe affidavit at the Embassy Outreach here on June 20, it will be valid until December 20. Hope that helps.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:10:45 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I had already figured that out. I can live with just about anything so long as I am clear on what the rules are. Lucky the Embassy Outreach is (just barely) inside of the six months window.