Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kowpot

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
User Guide / Re: How to add an avatar to your profile
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
From Profile, try going to Summary 1st.

Then modify profile.

I would rather be able to do the TM-30 online more than the 90 day report.

It makes absolutely no sense that an individual on a Non-O visa or extention should need to report themselves every time he or she takes a short trip especially in country.
 A person on a tourist visa for let's say, 60 days. Can come and go as they please. Go anywhere in the country at their leisure and are not required to report to anyone. Yes, I understand that if they stay in a hotel it is the hotels responsibility to report and file a TM-30 on their behalf. But, the tourist doesn't care one way or another. Why? Because he won't be fined no matter how it comes out.
 I think immigration has got this backwards. First of all, the long stayer is constantly reconfirming their address throughout the year. They are in my opinion the least likely to be considered terrorist or any threat to Thailand.
 On the other hand. If one was a criminal or prone to criminal acts, wouldn't they just come on a short stay visa, if any visa at all?

How many people notify their landlord or house owner that they have gone somewhere for a couple of days? I know I never have. Never thought it was any of their business.

They should also accept TM-18 Residence Certificate for Thailand

It would be much easier if you had a yellow book.

You still need to notify Sakon Nakhon immigration of your move to Kalasin if you haven't done so already. You will need to submit a TM28 and a new TM30 if they require it. The the notification of the move should have been done within 24hrs. But, since immigration doesn't really know when you moved. You can just tell them that you moved yesterday.
 While you are there. You can request a certificate of residency from them. They are suppose to be free, but don't be surprised if they quote you 500 Bt. Still cheaper than going to Bangkok.

 The form for residency certificate is the TM 18.

Open discussion / Re: US Outreach
« on: March 22, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »

Can be done easily these days online. Totally legal.

 I need to get a document notarized for my US bank. I think there was some talk awhile back on this forum about notary public. Is there a notary here in KK? My wife and I must both sign and I think a trip to Bangkok is out of the question.

 Also, how does one go about getting a new passport without the outreach? I know you can always go the the embassy in BKK. Is it possible to get a passport by mail?

Where to find . . . / Re: Baking soda
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »
If your looking for the Arm and Hammer box, you won't find it.
This is Thailand so of course it must be in a plastic bag. Look in any big box store or even a Big C market. You will find it usually in the baking section. With the flour.

Went into the local Amphoe. They are still using Windows 7. Not real worried about Thailand doing anything remotely having to do with the internet.
T[size=78%]hey are still bragging about the Chinese installing 5G. [/size]

  Do they even know that a 5G signal right now is good for about 3000 ft between towers. They would have to install thousands of towers throughout the country.  Also, 5g signal does not travel through walls. Thailand is really not ready for 5G let alone trying to master the controlling of information on the internet.

Visas, et al / Re: Kalasin Immigration Office...
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:05:46 AM »
Funny they would do that now when there could be a mad exodus of expats in the future. I would think they would be thinking of shutting some offices down.

Discuss Health & Wellness / Re: Possible New Medical Insurance Requirements
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »

 Anecdotal evidence suggests that many are in his category with a range of health conditions including diabetes, heart complaints and even cancer.

You do not believe some retirees suffer from these ailments?

Discuss Health & Wellness / Possible New Medical Insurance Requirements
« on: February 21, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »
I received this from the American Legion, Ubon Ratchathani. This could really mess up some retirees plans for the future.

Subject: New health coverage proposals for foreigners in Thailand

New move could be bad news for many middle aged foreigners and particularly elderly individuals who have been unable to get health insurance coverage before. Anecdotal evidence suggests that many are in his category with a range of health conditions including diabetes, heart complaints and even cancer. While the proposal has yet to be fully clarified and presented to the Thai cabinet, the concerns raised will be immediate . . . [Continue reading =>]

Open discussion / Re: Have you used DeeMoney? Know anyone who has?
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
Rex, I do not have personal knowledge of the workings of DeeMoney.
But, I am going to open an account the next time I am in Bangkok just to have another form of money transfer in my back pocket.
Never know when I might have to send some money back across the pond the other way.
According to their website it is a one time deal to sign up.

Visas, et al / Re: Bangkok Bank
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
What is needed is for immigration to realize that there are several ways to transfer money to Thailand and not all of them show as an international transfer. It would help if they were to recognize the receipt one gets after making a transfer. Mine show U.S. dollars being withdrawn from my stateside bank and being changed into baht at the receiving end. What other reason would one have to do that? Too much of a gamble making 11 months worth of transfers and then having 1 show as a domestic transfer.

News and Announcements / Re: Sending money OUT of Thailand!
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:11:18 AM »

Send Money Out Of Thailand | Faster & Easier Than Moneygram‎

Tel 02 821 5555

-DeeMoney is The Only Registered Service To Send Cash Out Of Thailand Via Your Phone.
-Never Visit A Branch Again,
-Better Rates Than All The Banks!
-Lowest Fees.
-IOS & Android. Fast Transfers.
-Services: Only 150 THB Fee, 17 Countries Supported,
-Best Exchange Rates.

-We Have 4 Locations Around Bangkok
-Contact Us To Find Out More
-About us =>
-Find Out More About DeeMoney
-Licensed by the Bank of Thailand

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk