Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TerryLH

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Book early.  There will be a lot of students wanting a photographer for that same time frame.

Have your daughter ask around.  It's usually the students who find someone for the photos.

Lots of confusion about this subject.
Above there are also some contradictory info which just adds to the confusion.  Plus some wrong info.

A Non O-A visa is one that you apply for in your home country or country of residence.  It is multiple entry with each entry good for one year.
You cannot renew this visa.  You can, however, leave just prior to it (visa) expiring and get a years entry.  During this year you would need to get a re-entry permit if you planned a trip and wanted to keep your permission valid.

At any point, 30 days prior to any permission to stay date, you could go to immigration and apply to extend it for a year.

In a post above one poster said, in the same post, that you didn't need financials and that you do need financials.
For a Non O-A visa you do need financials, but it can be in a bank anywhere. 

Since a Non O-A allows a years stay, you will need to do 90 day reports if you stay longer than 90 days at any one time.

For a Non O Multiple entry, no report is required because each entry is only good for 90 days.

So far all the news articles I've seen says Non O-A visa.  I also read that there are 38 million people here on Non O-A visas.

I don't believe that is correct.  I think some of the people talking about this or writing the interviews don't really understand what they are talking/wring about.
That is just my uneducated opinion.

I think what we will find out sooner or later, is that the insurance will be required for all yearly extensions - at least those extended for retirement.
If not, I see a time when there isn't much call for a Non O-A for a majority of folks.  Not when a Non O will be a better deal.

The second part of this post is speculation.  The first part was not.


Where to find . . . / Re: Fed-ex KhonKaen
« on: April 04, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »
"...TNT who have (had) offices on the opposite side of the parking lot at the big TESCO."

That's the old big TESCO, South of town.

"Why would the foreigner be a fault when it is the responsibility of the owner/agent to file the form?"

Low hanging fruit.

Visas, et al / Re: Yet MORE Visa Changes being considered.
« on: March 19, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
Posted 19 Mar 2019
RE: CM Immigration

"I had 2 months with less than 65,000 baht, but my average was well over that amount. The IO said that didn't matter as long as the total for the year was more than 800,000 baht."

Visas, et al / Re: New Immigration Office
« on: February 17, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
No division.  Just different ways of describing which floor it's on.   American vs British vocab.

Welcome! / Re: Prominent Services by assignment help service providers
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
OP, are you one of the writers?

"I see it also says, "[font=]However, this type of visa requires the visa holders to exit and re-enter Thailand every 90 days by air, sea, or land travel"[/font]"

That info is talking about a multiple entry Non O Visa, not a Non O-A Visa.

A Non O-A Visa can only be obtained in your home country, and requires a police report, a medical certificate and I think money in your bank. 
The money at that point does not have to be in a Thai bank.  That is only required for extensions at immigration.

An O-A is good for 1 year, and gives a one year permission to stay for each entry.  If you enter just before the Visa expires, not the permission to stay, you can get almost 2 years out of it. 
The second year, after the actual visa has expired, will require a re-entry permit if you leave and want to return and keep the permission to stay alive.
I've read of people getting back to back Non O-A Visas without a problem.  How many you can get - I don't know.

A Non O multiple entry is good for 1 year, and gives you 90 days for each entry.  If you enter just prior to it expiring, you can get almost 15 months out of it.  But you do have to leave at 90 days unless you get an extension from immigration.
Extensions would be for 1 year for the reason of retirement or marriage, 60 days to visit a Thai spouse.
It is also possible to get 7 days extension.  The actual extension is denied, but they will give you 7 days to leave the country.
Each extension at immigration costs 1900 baht.

Hope that helps someone.

An O-A visa is good for a year for each entry, not 90 days.  No money in a Thai bank required.

For a permission to stay based on retirement, 800k is required in a Thai bank.
All the info that has come out recently refers to the income route only, not the money in the bank, which at this time has not changed.

Visas, et al / Re: Extension went smoothly...
« on: December 07, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
"No discussion about any new procedures for documenting income."

Did you ask them about it?

Visas, et al / Re: US Consular meeting in Chiang Mai
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »
Quote from: TerryLH
...besides providing letters from one's retirement pension provider; i.e., Social Security (which you can download off the internet), you will need a letter from the Thai Bank proving the monthly funds are being transferred into your Thai Bank Account.

As of now, actually bringing your income here is not required, so it will be a new requirement.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk