Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fceligoj

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73

Visas, et al / Re: New Immigration Office
« on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »
Anybody check out the activities at IMM now that the new procedures are in place and active?  Or maybe no one wanted to be first in line to prove he had adequate funds to get a retirement extension, etc.  My turn will come up at the end of August!  My next visit to IMM for my 90-day report is not until around the 20th of May.


I doubt if  even comes close to what the US and European counties were doing with PRISM.

I guess if you are not a bad guy and use the internet in a constructive way, it should not be any issue!

Just think all those Facebook users who plan and schedule bike racing on Thailand streets at night can easily be shutdown.  Or how about those selling illegal drugs?  Or setting up gambling sites or prostitution sites?  Or how about the illegal clinics and cosmetic sellers?  They will be shut down in a wink of an eye!

Visas, et al / Re: Kalasin Immigration Office...
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »

OOPS!  I forgot those 90-day Reports, each taking about 2-3 minutes each adds about 20 hours per month or an hour a day divided by the 4 officers or an additional 15 minutes of effort each working day!  Of course, then there are address changes, letters to other agencies confirming addresses, transferring extensions to new passports, re-entry permits.  Oh yes, quite a bit of effort is required to do the initial marriage extensions including interviews with neighbors and wives and submitting complete packets to the Khorat Office to approve marriage extensions.

So if 10% of the farangs leave Thailand, doesn't look like much changes in the farang efforts each month for each officer.

Visas, et al / Re: Kalasin Immigration Office...
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:51:44 AM »
I don't think that the majority of the work of the IMM Offices is to support activities dealing with farangs.  They handle all the foreign workers from the neighboring countries coming to Thailand to work.  That has to be the majority of their work.  If I remember from 7 years ago, farang business for the Khon Kaen office was about 4900 cases.  Divide that by 12 and that is about 400 a month or about 20 each day of the month.  Having four officers handling the process, the farang business is only about 5 a day for each officer.  Not very many.

I sent you an email, Rex, with a picture.

Another suggestion, buy a caulking gun and tubes of liquid nails.


Won't have to wait much longer for the first farangs trying to get their extensions.  The 'new' rules are supposed to be effective 1 March.  Right now I guess it is just a wait and see.

I went to get my 90 day report completed Wednesday afternoon at 1PM.  There were only one or two farangs waiting to process whatever.  I walked up to Desk #1 and asked if the same rules apply here as they did at the old IMM Office about 90 Day Reports go to the 1st desk w/o a number.  He immediately did my process, in/out in about 2-3 minutes.

Maybe on the 1st someone from the Forum should go down and just sit in the peanut gallery and see what transpires.  AND of course, report back to all of us.  If I weren't playing golf on that Friday and then again on Monday, I might be curious enough to do that.


Here is some interesting reading.  Found this on 'Expats in Khon Kaen' Facebook site.

Open discussion / Re: US Outreach
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:40:28 PM »
Being curious I just went to the US Embassy Outreach Program website.  NOTHING!  They are still showing the "Outreach Schedule - 2018" Title and nothing else.  Henry, you may be right.  They would usually show some kind of 'tentative schedule' for the First Quarter by now.

Open discussion / Re: US Outreach
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:30:07 PM »

Or maybe the Thai Government learned from on their dealings with the major foreign powers. 

When I married my wife and wanted to get her a United States Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), so we could file a US joint tax return, we had to go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get a certified document to submit to the US Internal Revenue Service.  So maybe Thailand said, if our citizens require certified documents, then we should require certified documents from those countries citizens.  (I doubt that this is true, but who knows.)

Or maybe the Thai Government realized what many countries do to their citizens when those citizens are applying for a VISA, even a tourist one.  Proof of financial responsibility, etc.

One of these (or something similar) may be especially true if an 'influential' person got frustrated with the process, and went to the senior personnel at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to complain of the uneven requirements of foreign governments vs the Thai Government.

Newbie Q & A Getting settled in KKC / Re: Residence Certificate
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:50:06 AM »

Russell, maybe.  It is too long ago since I got my Yellow Book, but I do remember having to go to the Royal Thai Police to get a letter.  Maybe it was a confirmation of address.  But all of you who might need a Residence Certificate, check out this website (the form):

Also understand the certificate is only valid for 30 days.

Newbie Q & A Getting settled in KKC / Re: Residence Certificate
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:49:27 PM »
So what you are saying Windy, a Yellow Tambien (Yellow Book) is no longer adequate for confirming your address.

That sounds almost too logical.  Give the person a temporary extension for the 3 months, then assess it again after the 3 months along with the first 90 day report and if all is good, then execute the full retirement extension.  (Sounds like the bank makes an additional commission/fee for the 2nd letter.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk