Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: LEGALLY TEACH IN THAILAND, 3 MONTH ONLINE COURSE  (Read 751 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
LEGALLY TEACH IN THAILAND, 3 MONTH ONLINE COURSE
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »

WANT TO (LEGALLY) TEACH ENGLISH IN THAILAND?
GET CERTIFIED IN JUST THREE MONTHS, 100% ONLINE TRAINING

Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:05 pm

Hi ForumMates,

We are very pleased to partner with [Premier TEFL,  one of the best TEFL training organizations with a wide range of options for obtaining a TEFL teaching certificate such as online, traditional classroom, blended online and classroom, paid internships and many more.  We encourage you to explore these options on the Premier TEFL website.  However, let's keep it simple and assume that you would like to teach English in Thailand but feel that you do not have the credentials or the experience and do not want to invest years of training and hundreds or thousands of dollars.  The quickest and easiest way to do that is with a very  basic 120 hour TEFL Certification course, entirely online that you work anywhere you have any internet connection.  With this certificate, you will be able to legally teach and obtain a one year, Non-Imm "O" visa and work permit.

Have a looksee at the video, and then use the links on this page to visit  [Premier TEFL,and get full details.

They are nice people.  You can speak with them by phone or online chat or e-mail.  I am, of course, happy to answer any questions you may have. One of the way you can help to support the forum is by getting the word out.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:56:30 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Charlie59

• View Profile
Re: LEGALLY TEACH IN THAILAND, 3 MONTH ONLINE COURSE
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
I thought you had to have a degree of some sort to teach here. Plus the TEFL training.

nookiebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 06:50:08 AM »
I thought you had to have a degree of some sort to teach here. Plus the TEFL training.
Legally you do need a valid degree,BUT many agencies have found a way to circumnavigate this requirement.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »
Many are teaching legally (Non-Imm "O" visa and work permit) with only a TEFL Cert.  However, obviously, you don't get to pick and choose your employer, and--depending upon your values and goals--the "cushier," most well-paying positions are not going to be available to you. Still, that  may be a good deal for those who don't qualify for any other type of visa and want to stay long-term in LOS and like to keep active doing something constructive.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
It's been awhile - I don't think you need a teaching license to work at a language school or a university.  For K-12, you do.
A degree is one of the requirements for a teaching license.

In the past a TEFL certification was not a government requirement, but was wanted by some schools as part of their requirements.

For those with no experience, it gives you some 'how to' info in what you'll be getting into.
Courses with practical in class teaching experience would, in my opinion, be better than an all online course.  Apparently this course has options to get that experience.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »
An accredited CELTA (supervised by Cambridge University) or the equivalent is the best of the short-term pathways to teaching English. TEFL International (formerly a Trinity "franchise") in Ban Pe (Rayong) is also quite good.  Such courses are usually presented as a 30 day intensive, have an observed teaching component, and a personal tutor.  At $1,000-$1,200 they are a bargain.  Everything less than that is a compromise of one kind or another.  It is not such an obviously easy question to answer about whether online or classroom training (leaving aside the observed teaching component) is better than online. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.  Online affords you the opportunity to work at your own pace and to "drill down" and spend more time on concepts and processes which are more challenging, and glossing over other areas that you might already be familiar with.  Obviously, being able to study from any internet connection is a huge logistical advantage.

I like [Premier TEFL]Premier TEFL because it does not try to force a "one size fits all" solution on potential trainees.

I would never encourage anyone to get into teaching for less than noble purposes (Who, moi?).  However, the 120 course I introduced earlier is ideal for those who may not see teaching as a career, but maybe have other income streams and  wouldn't mind being constructively (and legally)  occupied and maintaining longer-term visa.  Peeps in different situations would probably look toward other solutions.