Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: TM 30  (Read 28043 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: TM 30
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
Exactly what is is that is relevant about that post?  I think I understand (or understood) the TM30 procedure.  However, the article I posted seems to contradict or confuse the issue. That is why I posted it.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2018, 09:52:12 PM »
The TM.30 must be filled out by the House Master/Owner or Possessor of the residence where an Alien has stayed and that must be submitted within 24 hours, but, there is also another form that must be filled in by the Alien which shows the address that they are staying at, if they move or even if they visit overnight outside of their home province and that form is the TM.28 and it must be submitted to either the local immigration office or the local police in the province where you are visiting within 24 hours of your arrival.
Be careful because if immigration start to enforce the TM.30 they might also enforce the TM.28
The TM.30 for the land owner and the TM.28 for the alien.
I did both when I moved here to Khon Kaen and the landlord has the receipt for the TH.30 and I have the receipt for the TM.28 stapled in the back of my passport

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
What if you have a mortgage in your name?

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »

"What if you have a mortgage in your name?"
"The TM.30 must be filled out by the House Master/Owner or Possessor of the residence..."

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
Silliness!  A mortgage for what, a condo? As I think about it, that might actually be a real benefit for some falang who might like to own a condo but can't pay cash.

As to the TM30, presumably as the owner, you would have to fill out a TM30 to report that a foreigner was staying in your home!  And also a TM28 to report that you, a foreigner, have traveled away form home.   roll

Although we might (want to) assume that PR would relieve you of the TM30-TM28 obligation, I have not see it explicitly so stated anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:39:53 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2018, 09:29:29 PM »
Silliness!  A mortgage for what, a condo? As I think about it, that might actually be a real benefit for some falang who might like to own a condo but can't pay cash.

As to the TM30, presumably as the owner, you would have to fill out a TM30 to report that a foreigner was staying in your home!  And also a TM28 to report that you, a foreigner, have traveled away form home.   roll

Although we might (want to) assume that PR would relieve you of the TM30-TM28 obligation, I have not see it explicitly so stated anywhere.

Yes, it's ridiculous!!!

The last thing we want is people voluntarily giving this information, giving immigration ideas to screw even more money out  of foreigners.

A former Finance Minister, Korn Chatikavanij, sent a team to investigate a tip box there.

On his Thai facebook site, there were many disgusted comments. Any govt. office is no place for a tip box.

How any stupid foreigner could give a tip is beyond my comprehension.

Even now, they charge 5 baht for a photocopy.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:42:30 PM by Kajornsak »

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »

Do you not know that a foreigner can get a mortgage for a house. It is just a bank loan.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:36:50 PM by Kajornsak »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2018, 03:26:52 PM »
What is the difference between a mortgage and a bank loan???

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
What is the difference between a mortgage and a bank loan???

The bank probably owns, or at least keeps the deeds to, the property until the mortgage is paid off, ie it can't lose.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

I am not sure what this discussion on loans has to do with TM30s but here goes.

Yes, a mortgage is usually a long term debt, 15, 20, or 30 years.  (In Thailand it is based on how old is the loanee; i.e., if the person is 48, then the loan is for 17 years, based upon 'retirement here of 65.)  There is a term on all loans for buying a home, if you are current on your payments for the first 36 months, then you can refinance with no additional charge at a much lower interest rate.  The catch is, the low rate is only good for 2 years, then the loan goes back up to the current interest rate.  So what you want to do, is payoff the loan in that time period (which the banks are really not all excited.)

Many different types of loan, for one an auto loan.  Very similar to the ones the banks and other financial institutions in the US provide; i.e., 60 months (and here you cannot pay off early and save interest.  It is based only on the # of payments and yes, you can payoff early by making all the remaining payment at the time of payoff, no benefit.)

Then if your credit rating is good (just like in the US), one can get a personal loan at whatever the advertised interest rate (no collateral.)  My wife gets calls from the several banks with whom she does business and the offer 1,000,000 baht, 1,500,000 baht, etc.  Of course we decline since the interest rate is usually fairly high.

So why would I want to get a loan or a mortgage when my wife gets Thai rates, etc., which we farangs are not eligible.  It was like our current home, 5% DP, 17 year term, at the lowest interest rate available.  If I were co-borrower on the loan, then it is 50% DP, etc.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
So why would I want to get a loan or a mortgage when my wife gets Thai rates, etc., which we farangs are not eligible.

We are eligible.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

I guess I am just na´ve on this subject too; RE, loans.

All I know when we had an early discussion about financing the house we were having built, the loan officer strongly suggested that no where in my wife's several bank accounts did they want to see ANY international transfers.  If there were, the loan application would most likely be turned down.