Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Cryptocurrancies  (Read 151 times)

Blocker

• View Profile
Cryptocurrancies
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
ET AL
I have a feeling that I may get some distractors comments from this post. However, personally I am very positive about the future of Cryptocurrencies.
I first invested in Bitcoin in January 2016, and then altcoins in 2017, since then I have managed to extract my original investment and have achieved 1000% return.
I work overseas, 2 months away and three weeks back in Khonkaen, what I am looking for is someone to help me set up a small crypto mining system, nothing-extensive more of an interest.
If anyone is interested, I open suggestions.
Blocker

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Cryptocurrancies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:04:06 AM »
From what I have heard, "mining" becomes a "Catch 22" when the cost of electricity (it takes a lot) offsets the profits made in "acquiring" coins.  Those who are doing this in a serious way have set up operations where really cheap electricity is available or producible.  For example if you had property by a flowing river where there was already a turbine generator operating.  I also heard that techies tend to be the ones interested in mining while entrepreneurs prefer simply investing.  Interesting nonetheless. Way over my head!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
Rex's comments caught my curiosity. So when I saw this article on bitcoin mining, thought I would share.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-mining-sucks-much-electricity-140843956.html

Jannanut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Really, I would like to invest a home I really want to know. What should I prepare?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »
Blocker, tell us more about your ideas for mining.  And how do you propose to overcome the cost of electricity problem?  The technical is way over my head.  I am not even sure how the "mining" metaphor plays out technically.  However, apparently, so far as I understand, it does require a lot of processing power and electricity.  I am afraid that I am usually sucking hind teet on this stuff.  By the time I understand what is going on, the moment has long past.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
Blocker, tell us more about your ideas for mining.  And how do you propose to overcome the cost of electricity problem?  The technical is way over my head.  I am not even sure how the "mining" metaphor plays out technically.  However, apparently, so far as I understand, it does require a lot of processing power and electricity.  I am afraid that I am usually sucking hind teet on this stuff.  By the time I understand what is going on, the moment has long past.

Also a lot of heat from the equipment so more power needed for fans/air conditioning to keep things cool in this temperature here.

Sunset from my bedroom window