Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Chairopractor or Osteopath in KKC ???  (Read 6096 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Chairopractor or Osteopath in KKC ???
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »
Sat 12 Apr 2014, 10:41 am

Good Morning ForumMates!

Hurt me back!  Ouch!   :(

Yeah, I know.  FAT CHANCE!!!  Sorry for the witless question, but thought I would ask anyway . . . just in case.

Anyone turn up a Chairopractor or an Osteopath (or similar)  here in KKC?

Thanks, lah!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:21:42 AM by admin »

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Chairopractor or Osteopath in KKC ???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »
If you are willing to use a physical therapist, there is a clinic on south Klang Muang Road next to the big pet supplies store.  There are 4 therapists available.  It is run by a female therapist who got her advanced degrees in Australia.  She speaks good English with the other passable.  Dr. Ken had recommended them to a friend of mine.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »
Sat 12 Dec 2015, 1:53 pm

You are responding to an OLD post, Frank. But I am glad you did.  People are always asking about this, and such practitioners are as elusive as the albino snow leopard!  Are you sure the pet supply is on Klang Muang?  There is a big one on Na Muang.

I have no recollection of hurting my back last year!  Probably some tactical error in a cage fighting bout!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:08:28 PM by admin »

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
You are right, Na Muang Road.

I am currently using them for  back problem exacerbated by playing golf.

She has been in business at least 5-6 years and they are quite busy 7 days a week from 1700 on in the evening and Sat-Sun 0900 - 1500 too.

For those of you who know Dr Ken, you may want to ask him about them.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 05:06:21 PM »
Thanks, Frank!  How much wampum?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »
Rex,

1 - One hour visit -  600 baht

OR if you buy 10 - 1 hour sessions up front, 3,900 baht.  They may give you a special at 3,600 baht.

I'll try to find the sheet they provide (it is in Thai but has times and phone numbers), scan it and put it on the Facebook site.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
I posted a fact sheet about the Mueang Kao Physical Therapy Clinic on the Forum's Facebook site.  This a revised sheet of the first one I posted (I saw the doctor today and she gave me the revised sheet which I embellished.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1673687076180772&set=o.1618646905050389&type=3&theater

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:32:55 AM by admin »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
Thanks, Frank.

What services do they offer?  Is it basically "massage therapy" or what?

Tks, lah!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by that.  They use ultra-sound, a body stretching machine, and electrical impulses, but of course, most of it is hand manipulation.

I have a lower back problem and it seems what they are doing is quite good.  I know the owner with the PhD has just begun to support a patient from Australia who has a painful shoulder problem which she has diagnosed as really a neck problem.  He has been living with it or about 7 years going to various chiropractors and such to no avail.  Another farang has a severe lower back problem which they are treating.  The rest seem to be Thais.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »
Thu 18 Feb 2016, 4:17 pm

Many thanks for Frank for posting about the Rainbow Clinic. 

Tuesday, I visited Dr. Ken with severe pain and limited use of my right hand.  I figured it was probably carpal tunnel or gout or arthritis or some such.  Ken confirmed it was probably carpal tunnel, and when I mentioned Rainbow Clinic said he refers many patients there.  Ken gave be Celebrex which after researching, decided that I did not want.  Carpal tunnel was a cocern because I have read that if you have a bad case, rehabilitation can be difficult and lengthy.  I was not really very optimistic about Rainbow Clinic, but desperate and in pain, I decided to go.

The young therapist was very young and unassuming.  Didn't do very much dramatic; hot compress, some manipulation of my hand and arm, and ultra sound administered by his assistant.  I have to research that because I was unaware of ultra sound as a treatment, only as a diagnostic tool.  The entire process was  perhaps 45 min - 1 hour.    I didn't feel any different afterwards, but agreed to return for two more treatments.

However, within a few hours, the pain was virtually gone, and I had 60% use of my hand again.  Yesterday even more, and today I feel that I am on the mend with only minor discomfort.  I got lazy and decided to save the additional 1,200 THB two more treatments would have cost.  We shall see if that was a wise move or not.

I am completely surprised and delighted.  If this had been a more serious version of carpel tunnel and if I had been unable to use my right hand for weeks, unable to use the computer, it might have been catastrophic.

The clinic is right next to the big barbecue on the right side of Kang Muangt as you are heading out of town.  I didn't see any pet supply store nearby.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:31:45 PM by Rex (Admin) »

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 08:23:24 AM »
Rex, the best time to see Dr Rainbow directly is Sat, Sun or Mon.  If you call on the mobile number, it is hers.  She is the best one.  I think the others are in residency after graduating from KKU, and are in various stages of their training.

By the way, besides the therapy clinic using ultrasound, I went to a doctor for a problem with my knee (maybe a slightly torn tendon plus arthritis.)  She said that ultrasound allows the doctor to penetrate deep into the affected area to put heat where it is necessary.   So what ever it is worth.

If you are going out of KKC like you described, the pet store is like right next door to the building of the clinic and just past the clinic.  It is a very large pet store, like the whole building.  (I've even parked there when there were no spaces at the clinic.)  Between the Bar-B-Que place and the clinic is a store that sells dishes and other pottery items.