Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Need ride to Vientiane -- Good price paid  (Read 224 times)

kkmatt

• View Profile
Need ride to Vientiane -- Good price paid
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »

Hi everyone,

Curious if anyone out there with a pickup truck wants to make some extra cash this Sunday?  We're moving to Vientiane, and need a ride.  I'm a 36 year old Canadian, my partner is a 24 year old Laotian citizen.  Plus we also have two 30kg dogs, in carrier cages of course.  Aside from that, just clothes and a few laptops -- nothing else.

Due to the dogs a personal truck is requires, so we're unable to take the bus, and cars are out.  We'd also be willing to pay extra for someone to go through the Laos border all the way to Vientiane, instead of stopping at the Nong Khai border.  Those carrier cages are about 30kg each and aren't small.  We already have a house lined up in Vientiane, as my partner was there about 5 days ago to secure one for us.

Happy to be generous with the price paid.  Or if anyone has any recommendations on how to get two two of us, plus two 30kg dogs to Vientiane, let me know.  My next guess is head to the bus station and try to rent a mini van for just ourselves, although uncertain if one of those vans will be big enough for the carrier cages.

Looking to head out early Sunday morning.  If anyone is interested, call my partner at 0653076732.  He speaks Thai and English, and if you'd prefer to talk to me, just tell him to pass the phone to me.

Thanks in advance.

n

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Need ride to Vientiane -- Good price paid
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »
Hi Matt.  I just wanted to check in and see if you had any luck getting a ride for you guys and doggies to Vientiane?  I hope so.  I don't drive, so I can't help, unfortunately, but I added your post of the Khon Kaen facebook page/group.  I hope you get some responses.

What made you decided to move to Vientiane?

TerryLH

• View Profile
Re: Need ride to Vientiane -- Good price paid
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
Rex asks: "What made you decided to move to Vientiane?"

"I'm a 36 year old Canadian, my partner is a 24 year old Laotian citizen."

Just a guess, but also only one of them with immigration issues.
Terry