Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Wireless Dead Spots in House  (Read 35 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Wireless Dead Spots in House
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:55:46 AM »
If you are saddled with this issue as we are in our 2-story house.  It seems we can normally get only a strong signal from the router on the 1st floor and then it almost disappears on the 2nd floor especially the furthest bedroom from the stairwell.  I had tried several devices including a router extender, or an access point.  First, lots of hassle installing and it seemed to be sporadic, especially if we got too far away from the main router, that is unless we laid down an ethernet cable.

So I finally have found the best solution one device at a time to attach.

A  TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline
Adapter Starter Kit.

This device uses your household wiring/electrical outlets to connect.  So a short ethernet cable from the router to the powerline adapter, which you plug into one of home's outlets close to your router, then plug in another of the adapters into  an outlet close to your computer, attach the short ethernet cable to both, push the little button on one of the adapters and wha-la, a strong signal as if you plugged your computer directly to the router using an ethernet cable.

If you need a 2nd or 3rd drop, then you buy additional adapters and install them in outlets and then with their internet cables to the computers.  Easy setup that works.   I paid 1240 baht on Lazada.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
Re: Wireless Dead Spots in House
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »
I have that in our house with 2 outlets.
One in the TV room for IPTV and one in the bungalow in the garden.
As long as they all share the same electrical circuit they work great.
Well worth the money.