Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Renewing 5 years driving license , needed dokuments  (Read 1175 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Renewing 5 years driving license , needed dokuments
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »
So, I told my wife the issue that we farangs could not find anything on the internet discussing the new rules for documents to be supplied when obtaining a new or renewing a driver's license.  Well, a minute later she gave me the web page!!

Everyone should pay heed to this.

https://thestandard.co/driving-licence-allow-only-medical-certificate-from-the-medical-council/

Whatever is the definition of the "medical-council"!

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 08:43:18 PM »
Maybe we should be like the majority of Thais and not bother with a licence or insurance.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:51:17 PM by Red Parrot Fish »

DNPBC0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 10:44:40 PM »
Looks like some meaning went astray in translation:
"The Medical Council of Thailand is the country's professional regulatory body of the medical profession. It operates under the provisions of the Medical Profession Act, B.E. 2525 (1982 CE), which replaced series of earlier legislation dating to the council's foundation in 1923. Under the law, the council is tasked with: upholding the profession's ethics; supporting medical education, research and practice; uniting and upholding the dignity of its members; aiding and educating the general population and organizations on relevant matters; advising the government on medical and public health issues; and representing the medical profession in Thailand. The council is responsible for granting and revoking licences to practice medicine, as well as certification of medical education programmes and degrees. All licensed doctors are members of the council, and are entitled to elect members of its governing body, the Medical Council Committee, and its head, the President of the Medical Council, on a biennial basis."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Council_of_Thailand
Perhaps it meant a medical certificate provided only by a medical practitioner licensed in Thailand?
Peter

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »
No I think it is more than that, not just any licensed medical practitioner, or all these 'doctors' who have clinics where we would normally go would be able to provide the certificates.  Here is a writeup from the ThaiVisa Newsletter. (I did not write this statement below, just passing it on.)

"Yes, you do need a Medical Certificate to renew.  A new standarized form is now required and it must be from a recognized Doctor.  No more 50 baht piece of paper from your local quack will cut it.  In my case I knew about the new form and to be on the safe side I went to the Health Checkup Center at the Chiang Mai Annex.  The usual paperwork out front then vital sign checked, height, weight, blood pressure in both arms and temperature taken. After that I saw the Doctor, she had a form in front of her and told me it was necessary to ask about my prior medical history before she could issue the letter.  Not a problem but then she pulled out a book with pages of circles covered with different colored dots and asked me to tell her the number I saw in the center.  Again she said this was now required.  I passed easily, went back out front and payed 300 baht, a few minutes later I walked out of there with two Certificates, one for each type of license.  I fully expect some of the cheap charlie ex pats to dispute this and tell you just go to one of these doc-in-the-box places and pay only 50 or 100.  Good luck if you choose that when you show up at the DLT."

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 12:32:53 AM »
I got a med. cert last week as I need to get my license extended. Last time I got 6 years. This time, I'm 7 months late, but get 1 year, unless caught by the police, then you get 1 week to get a new one.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »
Renewed my driver's license today. The only documents I needed were my old license, copy of passport, and residence certificate( yellow house register is accepted as proof of residence). No medical certificate was necessary. According to the woman at DLT, the only time you need a medical certificate is when applying for your first 2 year temporary license and when renewing your 2 year license to your first 5 year license. It is not needed when renewing 5 year to 5 year.