Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: CleanTalk spam protection  (Read 615 times)

LungBing

• View Profile
CleanTalk spam protection
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
Whilst I fully appreciate the need for spam protection I really am fed up with CleanTalk stopping me logging onto this site every single time.
I always get a message from CleanTalk saying that 180.183.69.168 is suspected of spamming, but when I click on that number I get the message from CleanTalk that it did not match any of their records.  So why stop me logging on then?
My ISP is 3BB and I'm on fibre, not that that should make any difference.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: CleanTalk spam protection
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
Sorry about that.  It is nice of you to say that you appreciate the need for spam protection.  However, you probably really don't appreciate how terrible it is without Clean Talk because you have been spared the deluge of spam and bogus registrations (little time bombs set to spam as some later date). It is so bad that I would close the forum rather than spend an hour every day just deleting the spam posts and suspending/banning the bogus registrations. 

Having said that. Apologies.  HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS OR SIMILAR PROBLEM? Please post with your experience.  Personally, I never have, so it is difficult to visualize exactly what LungBing is describing. 

I'll see if there is a way to contact Clean Talk customer support and they may have a solution or at least an explanation. It's a pity because CT is cheap and it really works, but that is no consolation if it prevents legitimate members from posting.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
Thu 14 Jun 2018, 5:53 pm  :  I have opened a ticket with Clean Talk.  Let's see how good their support is.  Meanwhile, anyone else with login or other problems, please lemme know.  Tks.  Rex

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »
Fri 15 Jun 2018, 11:26 am

Hi LungBing,

We got a nice-but-not-very-helpful reply from CleanTalk.  As I have not heard from any other memberswho are having experiences similar to yours, I am guessing this may be an anomaly on your system.

CleanTalk says:

"We don't see any requests in your logs with this IP 180.183.69.168. Also, it's not in our blacklists:
https://cleantalk.org/blacklists?record=180.183.69.168
Could you tell us more details (time, date, [screenshot], nickname, website)?"

However, if you would care to provide more  info, I will be happy to pursue it further with CleanTalk.

Tks, lah!

Rex
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:56:49 PM by Rex (Admin) »

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 06:57:16 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply and action Rex.  Here's a screen shot taken a few minutes ago,.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »
Rex, I am still having almost daily trouble with Cleantalk.
Over the past couple of weeks they have objected to180.183.17.118180.183.67.170180.183.67.123180.183.64.103so I tried a VPN and they objected to them too,128.199.241.231128.199.201.63128.199.214.89
Just now they objected to 180.183.68.227see attached screenshot.  But when I clicked on that number for details they said they had no records for that number. See other screenshot.
I cannot conceive of any software on my computer that could cause this, I just use 3BB fibre, mostly to check email and read the UK newspapers. 

I am starting to think they they object to numbers just to keep themselves in business.
please can you take it up with them.
Thank you very much.Lung Bing

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
Thanks for being persistent, LungBing.  Initially, CleanTalk was refreshingly responsive and seemed eager to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, they kinds of fizzled-out and I didn't bother to follow-up.

I'll start the process again tomorrow. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »

I too have 3bb fiber (also have True fiber) and have never had any issue when logging on to the Forum with either Internet server.  I am not a computer nerd, but it sounds like LungBing may have some type of malware problem.

I know under Google that at times, it would not let me go to a site that was only an 'http://' and not 'https://' from a security point of view.

Now I have a Windows 10 based computer (which I do not like) but I don't have any spam issues.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
This is a little off-topic, but since we are talking about 3BB, the following may be of interest.  I am pissed at AIS for removing the ability to add third-party apps to it's playboxes.  This is a serious pain in the ass and a deal breaker for me as I used the box for third-party apps more than for the AIS Playbox channels.  This was especially annoying to me as I terminated my 3BB fiber that I had been perfectly happy with for several years.  It was also annoying to other subscribers who have been complaining about it for months on a ThaiVisa thread. There is an old post here discussing this. 

Anyway, I have been waiting to complete my contract with AIS in order to cancel both the Playbox account as well as internet service and return to 3BB. If I cancelled before contract's end, apparently, I would have to pay the B4,000 that they waived at installation.  It is probably six of one, half-dozen of the other as I have been paying my B899 for several months that I have not used the Playbox.

Not so fast!  Yesterday, went to the little kiosk office of 3BB on 3F at Central Plaza to confirm that service is still available in my area and inquire about prices and installation. Unfortunately, it turns out that as I am a greasy, nasty, untrustworthy falang, I need to pay 6 months in advance to obtain service.  If I put the service in a Thai's name (which I prefer not to do), and I  rent-rather-than-buy the router, I have to sign a two-year contract. Made no difference that I had previously been a customer in good standing for several years.  Phooey on them!  However, however ... as these things tend to go, who knows, I might get an entirely different story if I apply at a different office next week or contact the call center in Bangers.

So, cancelled Playbox at AIS while retaining internet service.  I have made half of the pont I wanted to make and am relieved of having to pay the wasted B899 every month. 

Now, just using a regular android teevee box, I get everything I want and more, but at some point I will have to run LAN cable to make the streaming as robust as I would prefer.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
Wed 8 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm

BACK TO THE PROBLEM WITH CLEANTALK.

I wrote to them again today, LungBing, with your screen shots and your report.  Let's hope that this gets their attention and that they can provide you will some relief.  As no one  else is reporting similar issues, it has got to be something on your end, perhaps with 3BB.   In any event, I hope we can get it sorted for you soonest.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:47 PM »
Thank you Rex.  I am fairly sure I don't have malware  as i have just run full scans by Avast, Malwarebytes and Adwarecleaner, none of which found anything untoward.

parryhandy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 05:26:51 AM »
I'm with 3bb fiber and get exactly the same cleantalk message when I visit this site and also when I click on latest posts.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 06:49:47 AM »
Thanks for the report, ParryHandy.  Once you have logged in and gotten past the first Cleantalk message, does it continue to happen during your session, or do you only get the message one time during a session?  Thanks.

Anybody else?

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »
Rex, for me it happens twice.  Once as you enter the site, and once after you have input your username/password.  After that the session is OK.    And thank heavens it's not just me!

parryhandy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »
Thanks for the report, ParryHandy.  Once you have logged in and gotten past the first Cleantalk message, does it continue to happen during your session, or do you only get the message one time during a session?  Thanks.

Anybody else?

I don't get when I log in I get it once when 1st visiting the site and again when clicking on latest posts (I haven't logged in). After that everything's ok.My browser does clear my cookies every time I close it which might be a reason.