Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Animal rescue foundation  (Read 241 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Animal rescue foundation
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:31:07 PM »

I recently discovered an animal rescue shelter not far from where I live. It is run by a couple of Swiss ladies with a very dedicated Thai staff. It is in Ban Fang, about 35 km from KK.

I stopped by one day and was given a tour. It was very impressive. Over 500 dogs, cats, pigs and ducks. They have large pens for the animals, so there is no crowding, a medical section, large commercial type kitchen, and they even have a swimming pool for the dogs.

I'm not a dog lover, (I love my dog), but I hate to see animals suffer, and I see it every day here. The compassion these ladies have for animals is wonderful. They will not turn away any animal in need. They get calls in the middle of the night that a dog has been injured and they will go right away to get the dog.

As I said, it was very impressive. The only negative was when they showed me the medical unit. There are many crippled dogs, all as a result of being hit by cars, and they have several dogs with open wounds. The dogs are well taken care of and their wounds are cleaned and their bandages changed every day. Still, it was very difficult for me to see that.

I know many foreigners are looking for volunteer opportunities and this foundation accepts volunteers.  If anyone is interested, they have a facebook page, a youtube video, ( volunteer at saved souls animal sanctuary), and a website (saved souls animal sanctuary.com).

I hope this isn't against forum rules to post this. I have nothing to do with the foundation, I just think it is a noble cause and with the problem of homeless and unwanted dogs, it's good to see someone is doing something to help.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
Re: Animal rescue foundation
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
I saw that website and found it quite surprising considering the way dogs are treated in our village.
The locals seem to love their dogs until they reach 6 months old or they have to pay out any money for decent food or treatment.
Shameful.

Savannah20

• View Profile
Re: Animal rescue foundation
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:37:55 AM »
Thanks, I sent them a donation using the PayPal link on their website. Hope to go out there in the near future.

Dave G