Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fceligoj

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76
You might want to check with one of the photography studio (where you  can get pictures for the retirement or marriage extensions, etc.)  There is usually at least or two photographers at each location.

The one I know is Ruen Rom Studio.  (See Google Map below.),LTD./@16.4264393,102.8300812,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x31228a218fb40c47:0x824a20de429a5aa7!8m2!3d16.4259!4d102.8302382

Reply to Stevo62.  I am an American, Steve (I guess that is your first name.)  I play golf with a group called ISSAN GOLF ASSOC.  It was started by several Aussies, and I would  bet that at least 1/2 of us are Aussies with almost the rest of the group being UK with a couple of Danes in the mix, and right now, I am the only American.

If you are a FACEBOOK type then there is an "Expats in Khon Kaen".  If you can sift through alot of 'where is this?', 'I need this or that', and 'I have a restaurant' you will see there are quite a few Westerners.

Anyway, welcome.

Regards, Frank

News and Announcements / Re: Health check
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
There was an in processing station where you gave your name and address and other items, age, the tests you wanted to take (option 1, 2, or 3). No appt was necessary for the normal procedures.  If you do the extensive one (loke Opto 3), they will set up an appt.  You then sat and waited with about 5-7 people ahead of you.  About every 5 minute the next person was called to have their weight, height and BP checked.  Your were then told to proceed down the hall to the next station.  I think that was for your stool and urine samples.  You then waited for the next available technician to take your blood sample (about 4-5 minutes.)

After that was complete your were told to go up one floor to X-Rays where you provided a technician the order, then told to proceed to the X-Ray room, which that took another several minutes.

All-in-all less than 30 minutes total, very professional.

You then took your paperwork back to the nurses station who then took your package to billing and the cashier.  Once they called you to pay and got your receipt, back to the nurses station where you were told it would take about 2 hours before all the results would be available or you could come back later that day if you did not want to stay.  We went out and had lunch.

Since parking is a premium around the hospital, my wife dropped me off and went to find a place to wait.

Went back to the nurse station, who directed me to an examination room where a doctor was waiting.  He reviewed the results including the X-Ray.  Had a short chat and off I went.  The nurse provided me with all the results.  Of course, I had to wait a few minutes for my wife to come back.

About what you would expect from a Western hospital.

But it is still your decision on where to go.

Dropped my wife off this morning.  They have completely re-routed you to the Departure Area, need to follow the signs.  The same with using the parking garage.  Because of the smallness of this temporary area and a very sharp U-turn to get to it, things get very crowded very fast.  AND of course, so many Thais want to loiter with their cars/pickups that moving to the drop off area is jammed.

The Arrivals Entrance stayed the same.  Did not see any issues.

News and Announcements / Re: Health check
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »
I have done mine initially at Rachapruek Hospital, but last several times I have gone to Srinagarind Hospital.

Ratchapruek was so impersonal while Srinagarind not only did the complete blood work but also the stool check, a chest X-Ray and a consultation with a doctor who spoke excellent English.

Ratchapruek you went in, never saw a doctor, the nurse did the tests, no stool or no X-Ray.  You were told to come back in several hours for your results, nothing else.  There was no review, etc., with a doctor.

Srinagarind was very proactive.

If asked, I would recommend Srinagarind Hospital.  (And the price was very reasonable.)

Open discussion / Re: VIP bus to Korat
« on: June 10, 2019, 06:43:09 AM »
My wife said there is no Khon Kaen to Khorat 1st class bus. But you may want to investigate the Udorn to Khorat bus which stops in Khon Kaen.  It is 1st class.

Open discussion / Re: VIP bus to Korat
« on: June 07, 2019, 07:26:47 PM »
Why not check out the train schedule?

I am still concerned on the clarification.  How does one local office of Immigration announce this and not the Head of Immigration?  They are probably right, but it still would be better if it came from the Big Boss.  Check out the URL below. =>

Thanks for the heads up Savannah.  I decided to go into more detail on what was in the 'article'.

What it looks like, someone went into the US State Department website and under 'STEP', which is an assistance from the department for international travelers once they embark to a country.  (I enrolled many years ago in STEP to get current information that they decide is important to travelers to Thailand.)

Whoever put the article together, they have cut and pasted general information from the subarticles on "HEATH", nothing to do with the specific new law.  They pulled word for word the general statements about making sure you have adequate coverage when traveling, and while incountry, most hospital are "cash and carry."

I guess when you have nothing to report, you make it up!!!

I know what you are saying, just passing on a comment that may be said to you when you go to Immigration about changing your extension type.


Since no one has responded to you, here is my suggestion.

A friend of mine just renewed his marriage extension, and the only item that was not required for the renewal but as it was for the initial was the interviews of 2 neighbors.

Anyhow, with all these issues with immigration being in a state of flux all the time, it probably would be better to go into the office and talk to the supervisor on what is needed to change from the retirement extension to the marriage extension.

I'd almost bet you that she would tell you to stick with the retirement one, easier to get.  (Really easier on them, since they do all the paperwork, etc, and then have to send the package to Khorat to get it approved.)

a USEmbassy article in the Phuket News says essentially nothing about the definition of who is required to have Medical Insurance.  t looks like a 'cover my tracks' type of article that says you should have the insurance or you cold be faced with a large debt that is unanticipated.  Read for yourself.


Visas, et al / Re: TM-30 Online registration website
« on: May 19, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »

Rex, I went online to one of the Thai Embassy website pertaining to Types of VISAs.  You are right on the Type "O".  I guess the Administrative Assistant to the Consul-General added the bank statement to my set of documentation for the visa request.  She probably wanted to cover all bases.

Boy, the Type "O-A" requires significantly more documentation, all having to be notarized.

Happy we have our "Type O".  By the way, I am really happy that I've kept my old passport which has the Type "O" Visa in it.

At the time in 2011, working a informal arrangement with Siam Legal, here is my thread for getting my TYPE "O" VISA, at the age of 67.

I found my old passport which has my original NON-IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE "O" ISSUED 26 MAY 2011.  It was issued at the Thai Consulate in Atlanta, Georgia - USA. When I arrived in Thailand the IMM Officer stamped my passport identifying a "good until 12 SEP 2011" arrival stamp after which I would have to exit the country and return.  So I did a retirement extension on 25 AUG 2011, even though it was questioned by the IMM Officer of why do it so early.  He told me the ride to Laos was an easy journey.  So now I continue to exercise a renewal before 12 SEP every year.

Back in the US, to initially get my "O", I had to prove I had the financial wherewithal using my bank accounts in the US.  For a valid reference, I could have used a friend of mine who owns a Thai business or Siam Legal letter but the Administrative Assistant to the Consul General suggested that a copy of my marriage license would suffice.

It'll be interesting to see the final declaration out of Immigration on who will be required to get the Mandatory Medical Insurance.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk