Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Script refills  (Read 672 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Script refills
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »
So I have been using a khon kaen pharmacy to refill my scripts, today I went like normal but now no have and can not order.  So off to ram I go, script in hand.  I check in they tell me to sit.  I see my paper go off to internal medicine, come back to me, then off to pay and then get my scripts, never saw a doctor, 790 baht all in.  Figured since I was there I would ask about all the blood tests I usually get once a year for all rhe ails me.  Deer in the head light look.  So I depart with what I needed, from a doc who never looked at me but charged me anyways.  TIT I guess, I will call over to ram or bkk next week and see what I can set up. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Script refills
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
Jimmyy, go to Ratchapruek Hospital.  Their personnel don't give 'the deer in the headlights' look.  Unless you need a complete physical, it is walkin at a very favorable price.  (Full physicals, need an appointment.)  They have several different options, each includes a chest X-Ray.  Go in the morning, get the blood test, etc, X-Ray.  Go back in the afternoon, a doctor will see you to discuss the tests including your X-Ray, IN ENGLISH.  No additional charge.

I had put all kinds of information on a previous thread.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
**********ERROR  ERROR  ERROR *********

Jimmy made a big mistake.  The first time I had my blood tests  was at Ratchapruek Hospital, but this last time I went to SRINAGARIND HOSPITAL.  IT WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY, FAR SUPERIOR AND A MUCH MORE REASONABLE FEE.  SO HERE IS THE RESPONSE USING THE RIGHT HOSPITAL.  Also, Ratchapruek does not provide a chest X-Ray in the package.

Go to Srinagarind Hospital.  Their personnel don't give 'the deer in the headlights' look.  Unless you need a complete physical, it is walkin at a very favorable price.  (Full physicals, need an appointment.)  They have several different options, each includes a chest X-Ray.  Go in the morning, get the blood test, etc, X-Ray.  Go back in the afternoon, a doctor will see you to discuss the tests including your X-Ray, IN ENGLISH.  No additional charge.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Where would he go at Srinagarind?
It's a big hospital, and someone not familiar with it could be overwhelmed.
Even those familiar with the hospital will appreciate a place to start there.

Terry

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
Well, go in the main HOSPITAL entrance, not the emergency entrance, and ask for directions for blood tests.  Pretty easy.  It'll be a nurses' station where you will fill out a form, they will then take your blood pressure, weigh you and see how tall you are.  Then you sit and wait for them to call out your name, give you a test order, including X-Ray, of such and you follow the corridor.  Where it looks logical to stop (other people will be waiting), take a stool sample kit, go to the john and do your thing.

Blood test first then go up one level to get your X-Ray.

Go back down to the nurses' station and get your bill, then to the payment window.  You can then wait the 2-3 hours or come back.  Back to the nurses' station where you will be directed to an examination room to see the doctor.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Srinagarind+Hospital/@16.4660138,102.8277769,358m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x31228af57ea7de97:0xdd7b17e1de7568cb!8m2!3d16.468123!4d102.829987

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
I am attaching the Srinagarind Check Up Plans.  The form is a little dated and the prices have increased a wee bit.

I could not put both pages of the form on one so this is Page 1.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
This is page 2 of the Srinagarind Check Up Plan.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »
"Well, go in the main HOSPITAL entrance, not the emergency entrance, and ask for directions for blood tests."

Wouldn't you be directed to the lab?
The lab collects money for your tests prior to them drawing blood ect.
The x-ray department I'm familiar with is on the ground level - down the corridor to the right of the lab, then to the right several meters.

So, can I assume there is a separate place for health checkups?

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 12:40:44 AM »
Looks good, I think I'll go there instead of Ram.

Guess you have to fast before the blood test?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 10:33:50 PM »
This is what they say as recommendations before blood tests:

"Please ensure that you have nothing to eat or drink (other than water) for 8-12 hours prior to presenting for the test. It is recommended that you fast for 8 hours for a 'Fasting glucose' and 10-12 hours for 'cholesterol/lipid' testing. 2. Do not fast for any longer than 12 hours, as this may affect your test."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:11:44 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 11:33:24 AM »
So I have been using a khon kaen pharmacy to refill my scripts, today I went like normal but now no have and can not order.  So off to ram I go, script in hand.  I check in they tell me to sit.  I see my paper go off to internal medicine, come back to me, then off to pay and then get my scripts, never saw a doctor, 790 baht all in.  Figured since I was there I would ask about all the blood tests I usually get once a year for all rhe ails me.  Deer in the head light look.  So I depart with what I needed, from a doc who never looked at me but charged me anyways.  TIT I guess, I will call over to ram or bkk next week and see what I can set up.

Jimmy, how did B790 compare to the price you were paying at the local pharmacy?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
typically 240 at the pharmacy.  My wife found out a pharmacist lives on our same soi so she went down to speak to her and two days later i have a stock of medicine again at the 240 price.  I did get all my blood work done, which i should have had done anyways.  So same medicines and back to using the pharmacy.  The blood work and other tests were 8900 Thai Baht at the Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:05 PM »
Jimmy, is that 240 baht for a 90day supply?

Also, that 8900 baht seems a little out of line unless you had some exotic test or they used the most advanced machine to do the analysis online immediately.  I have a complete blood work done at Srinagarind for about 2600 baht, and it is the same tests that my doctor back in the states ordered from the testing service there in the US.  Srinagarind even throws in a chest X-ray and a doctor's consultation for that price.  If you want the premium set of tests which adds a few more variables to check the price get closer to 4300 baht.  (On a previous thread I had attached their various sets of services as well as prices for those services.)

Prior to last year, I went to Ratchapruek and they seemed a little bit lost and it cost more.  The first time I had it cone here in Khon Kaen, went to the Ram and it was expensive with no additional benefits.