Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Parking Changes at Khon Kaen Airport  (Read 2664 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Parking Changes at Khon Kaen Airport
« on: August 29, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »
It is official, A/P parking at the airport will cost.  The first 15 minutes are free.  Then per hour it's 15 baht, which would include the 15 minutes.  Max is then 180 baht per day.  This goes into effect on 1 September.  I guess we are going big time!

Blocker

• View Profile
Re: Parking Changes at Khon Kaen Airport
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:23:04 PM »
Yay
About time, hopefully, this will limit the amount of people using the parking area as a place to hide their cars from repossessors or using it to park their car for free, with security, while they spend weeks out of country.
I am told that additional parking construction will commence soon, plus parking for taxis out of the main terminal.
The current situation at the airport for parking is a joke, something needed to be done.
Blocker

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »
I always parked under the overpass. It is in the open air, but at least I don't get blocked in.  I never understood how or why people would park as to block others from getting out. The parking garage is almost impossible to navigate with everyone double parked.  There were times that I couldn't even make the turns to get to the lower level so I could get out. 
  So, I never park in the garage parking area.

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:43:09 PM »
Im in KK soon and was wanting a update to the Airport parking as i will be leaving my car in there when i use the Airport for flights. Is the 180 baht for 24hrs as i read elsewere its 180 for 12hrs. Can you leave your car over night and pay by the day when you return to your car. Is there 24hr security at the airport car park. any info will be great .

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »

There are two secure parking lots on the airport road.

They charge Bt 100 per day.

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »
Cheers Henry. Do you know were about these secure parkings are on the airport road ?. Also do they shuttle you to the Airport and back.

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:51:12 PM »

You will see the signs on the left hand side as you drive along.

The second one is just before you get to the end of the road and have to turn right to get to the terminal building. That one I know will transport you to the terminal.

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
Thank you Henry.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:01 PM »
The last time we used Khon Kaen Airport, took a taxi home.  But was quite surprised on how empty the parking deck was, mostly taxis awaiting fares and a few cars.  Then as we exited the airport , we saw under the bridges, free airport parking.  Has anyone used this service?  Wonder how safe this is for leaving your car there.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
Im in KK soon and was wanting a update to the Airport parking as i will be leaving my car in there when i use the Airport for flights. Is the 180 baht for 24hrs as i read elsewere its 180 for 12hrs. Can you leave your car over night and pay by the day when you return to your car. Is there 24hr security at the airport car park. any info will be great .

I've left my car there for a few days recently. 24 hours open. I thought it was 150 baht a day.