Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: tai chi or qigong in KK  (Read 1532 times)

soyoukan

• be as happy as I AM, newlove4methailand.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Training the Wright Way
tai chi or qigong in KK
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:49:44 AM »
are there any groups practising tai chi/ qigong in KK?

I'm a teacher in the UK and thought I'd like to practise while there.  In Udon Thani there's a group that meets in the local park.  I thought i'd ask.

i shall be in KK in 4-5 days time, staying with my wife.

An Inspiration to some, a pain to others

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: tai chi or qigong in KK
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Hi Andy.  Welcome.  I have heard that there are groups that practice at the lake early morning and evenings, but I have never tried to hook up with them. I am a little off my game these days, but I have practiced Shibashi for several years. Was lucky enough to have a workshop with Sifu Wing in Bangkok when he used to visit Thailand every year.  http://taichi18.com/ That was the last one he did in Bangkok, so my timing was fortunate.  At least that helped me kick-start my practice.  Since then, I have had to rely on videos and self-study.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: tai chi or qigong in KK
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 1:11 pm

Hey Andy,

I am bumping up this old thread. 

Long time no see!  Are you in KKC or the UK?  Did you ever have any luck finding people to practice with here?  I wonder if you would consider starting a class in KKC?

I did not realize you were a teacher until I just came upon some of your stuff on Udemy and elsewhere. I was especially interested to see that Shibashi is one of your areas.  If you are in KKC, I wonder if you would consider starting a class?  I would be happy to discuss it with you and help with organizing and promoting if that interests you.

I was lucky enough to have a workshop in Bangkok in 2012 with Sifu Wing, the last one he did in Thailand. He is now on extended sabbatical/retreat and won't being doing any more for the foreseeable future.  Since then, I have only had videos to learn from.  I always thought it was amusing that we had to import a Chinese guy from Canada to teach QiGong in Thailand! Not much of it around.  Certainly more in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but nothing in KKC.

Anyway, thought I would check in with you.  I'll send this to your e-mail as well since I don't know if you visit the forum very often.

Cheers,

Rex