Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Stainless Steel Fabricator  (Read 604 times)

kowpot

• View Profile
Stainless Steel Fabricator
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
I am looking for a stainless steel food prep table. Has anyone done any business with one of the stainless shops that I see around town? I see they do a lot of work making racks for pickup trucks and i'm not sure if they do anything like a food prep table.

The problem I am having is any tables that I find are too short. (too low to the floor)

Also, if I order one through let's say, Amazon. The shipping cost are about 3 times the cost of the item. Not to mention what customs will charge me. If anyone knows where to purchase one in KKC that would be great. But, I am also open to having one made.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Stainless Steel Fabricator
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »
Opposite (across Na Muang Road) from Number 1 Bar, a few hundred feet down a little soi is one we have dealt with, but only for sheet metal we used to reinforce an old door.  Worth a looksee if you are traveling around town.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
OK Thanks. I guess I will stop at a few of these stainless places that make gates and truck racks and see what they say. I need them to build the whole table. Thought maybe someone has had something made.

Trainspotter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »
KP:  There is a stainless steel shop on Maliwan road, on the north-west corner of the traffic light before the airport turn-off (heading west from Khonkaen).  Google maps 16.445061, 102.793277

They've done several projects for me, including an oven rack and a replacement grate for my BBQ.  They weren't cheap, but the quality was excellent.  Cheers, TS

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 06:55:48 PM »
I'll stop by and talk to them. Thank you for the info.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »
About a month ago we bought a stainless steel gas cook top table from a merchant that had rented some space directly outside the entrance to Thai Watsadu, not sure if they are still there.
The quality was very good and it cost 3,200 baht. http://www.kruastainless.com/

Sunset from my bedroom window

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:04:06 PM »
Found a place to have my table built. It is past Tesco Extra on the entrance ramp to get on 230 toward Korat. As soon as you enter the ramp he is on the left hand side. Because of Songkran, it will take an extra week to make. Most of his workers are going to be gone. A good employer.
Thanks for all the input and help. smiley32

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »
Just like always happens in my life. I stopped by more places dealing in stainless steel and they all say they can make me a better table at a better price in a shorter amount of time. 
 Even though the person I am dealing with didn't want any money down and I could easily walk away and deal with these other people. I feel he was being straight and honest with me.
 So I will stick with him.

How do those others know they can make me a better table? They haven't seen the one I am having made!