Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 160 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Travel Insurance
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
At  an earlier time in my life, I would never even consider it.  I think at that point in time, travel insurance was more of a ripoff than it is today, very limited coverage and fairly expensive.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience using it?  On our trip to New Zealand, I bought the package for the two of us directly from the airlines, JUST IN CASE.  (My US medical insurance would not cover anything and if I remember, New Zealand almost required you to have it so you would not become a burden on their government health care system.)

Now we are going to the US, where I am covered but my wife is not.  Her Thai Medical Plan that we purchased from AIA does cover internationally, but only for medical items.  If I buy under the ticketing by United, it reasonable but more expensive than if we bought from an insurance company here in Thailand such as AXA.

Again, has anyone had any experience in these endeavors?

screamer

• View Profile
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:03:15 PM »

I wouldn't travel without it.

I've only really had to use it a couple of times, once when I had to cancel a trip to Thailand the day before I was due to leave and the other when I broke my ankle skiing.

I wouldn't dream of going to the USA without it as any medical costs can run into $millions.

avvocato

• View Profile
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:46:20 AM »
I have purchased insurances from this broker: https://www.insubuy.com/
That being said I never had the occasion to use the health insurance so cannot address the coverage and claims.\
I purchased insurance several times with different companies through the broker. In 2014 for my mother  and sisters in law when they traveled to US to visit us and then 2017 when my wife and I traveled back to US for a visit.