Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: WHEELCHAIR FOR FAT GUY NEEDED  (Read 759 times)

The fat Glaswegian

• View Profile
WHEELCHAIR FOR FAT GUY NEEDED
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:11:23 AM »
Hi Guys
Does anyone have a wide folding wheelchair that they would hire me or sell to me? I am coming back to my wife's house in Ban Haet next week (10th Jan) & I will be around for 4-6 weeks. Unfortunately I fractured T1 & T2 in my spine during a nasty car accident down at Sai Yok in March & I am still in agony at times from it. I have been using an electric scooter to get around at my home town of Glasgow but there is no chance of using it on the uneven & wheelchair unfriendly pavements of  KK or transporting it around in the family Nissan Almera! (strangely Emirates will ship it here free with my luggage!). My fit & helpful stepson has stepped up to say he will push me around if I can get one.
Alternatively do any of you know for sure whether Central Plaza, Big C, Tonn Tann market or Makro have wheelchairs for disabled customers to use. Any info or advice greatly appreciated.

WATP

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: WHEELCHAIR FOR FAT GUY NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
There are two places that we know of that should have heavy duty WC's. 

One is across Mitraphap Road from Srinagarind Hospital (a bit expensive)

or

the 2nd close to the Khon Kaen Hospital area (side soi off Sri Chan Road.)  If you take a u-turn before the hospital and then  it should be on either Anamoi Soi or close to it.  Should be able to ask around on Anamoi Soi where it is located.  (more reasonable)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:13 PM »
I hope Frank's sources are helpful to you.

I just wanted to put in a good word for the Rainbow Clinic for Physiotherapy. Might help with pain and ease of movement.

Rainbow Clinic
083-419-6186
043-340-928

The fat Glaswegian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, I am here now & I'll check out the shops that Frank kindly recommended. Unfortunately Rex, it's not physio I need - more like lose 100 kilos! But thanks anyway
WATP